$500usd for an Nintendo switch?M

XboxNPs4Fanatic

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
"The Nintendo Switch remains difficult to track down six weeks after its release, but you can order one from GameStop right now. The catch: you may have to wait a few weeks, and it'll cost you $500."
but... I got it at toysRus so...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! It's not impossible to get one at reliant retail price as long as you're willing to keep a close eye on inventory and you're patient. I ran into the same situation with the Nintendo Classic. Picked mine up as retail while others were paying ridiculous markups.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! It's not impossible to get one at reliant retail price as long as you're willing to keep a close eye on inventory and you're patient. I ran into the same situation with the Nintendo Classic. Picked mine up as retail while others were paying ridiculous markups.

Same here with the NES Classic! The Switch I had no problem with though, as I pre-ordered mine on the first day, but NES Classic was definitely harder to get. Definitely wouldn't encourage scalpers charging 500 bucks for a Switch though. As many people have pointed out, it's definitely still easy enough to get hold of them at retail price if you know where to look.

One tip I always give people is to look on all the amazon countries, as many of them ship worldwide, even if it's not the amazon of your country. As all switch games are no longer region locked, we're alot freer to do stuff like that now than we were before for older consoles. Even if you had to buy a power unit separately to get the same plug that your country uses, it would still cost you way less than 500 bucks total, so definitely don't feed the rip-off merchant trying to charge you that! (it only encourages them, which spoils it for everybody).

In case you find it helpful, I will give you lots of links below for all the amazon countries that you can try. Some will deliver internationally, and others only to certain places, and they change their shipping settings all the time, so definitely worth a bit of trial and error to see which ones are in stock at the time, compare prices, and see which ones will deliver to where you live at any given time....
(some of the more obscure countries may surprise you)

The cool thing about doing this is that you don't even need to sign up for a new amazon account to do this, your existing logins work in all countries (I do this all the time).
Has been an absolute lifesaver on countless occasions.

UK
grey version www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFADJFV
red/blue version www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4NBHPM

USA
grey version www.amazon.com/dp/B01LTHP2ZK
red/blue version www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49

CANADA
grey version www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LTHP2ZK
red/blue version www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MUAGZ49

FRANCE
grey version www.amazon.fr/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.fr/dp/B01N5OPMJW

GERMANY
grey version www.amazon.de/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.de/dp/B01N5OPMJW

SPAIN:
grey version www.amazon.es/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.es/dp/B01N5OPMJW

ITALY:
grey version www.amazon.it/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.it/dp/B01N5OPMJW

Also don't be frightened of any in different languages. Another tip is to paste the web address into google translate, and it will automatically translate the whole page into the language of your choice. Also if you ever need to speak to amazon about anything, they will speak to you in English even if you have ordered from another country. Also, even if amazon themselves aren't selling the one you want, try the other sellers on there to see which of them have international shipping turned on, and that's always another good backup option too. (but always worth trying the proper amazon fulfilled versions first, as their shipping always tends to be alot faster)

Hope this has helped anyone who had been dying to get hold of a switch that was previously struggling! Where there is a will there's a way!

(...or several siblings fighting over the inheritance!)
-but that's completely beside the point!
:D

Last edited:

XboxNPs4Fanatic

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Same here with the NES Classic! Switch I had no problem with though, as I pre-ordered mine on the first day, but NES Classic was definitely harder to get. Definitely wouldn't encourage scalpers charging 500 bucks for a Switch though. As many people have pointed out, it's definitely still easy enough to get hold of them at retail price if you know where to look.

One tip I always give people is to look on all the amazon countries, as many of them shop worldwide, even if it's t=not the amazon of your country, and all switch games are no longer region locked, so we're alot freer to do stuff like that now than we ever were for older consoles. Even if you had to buy a power unit separately to get the same plug that your country uses, it would still cost you way less than 500 bucks total, so definitely don't feed the rip-off merchant trying to charge you that! (it only encourages them, which spoils it for everybody).

In case you find it helpful, here are all the amazon countries that you can try. Some will deliver internationally, and others only to certain places, and they change their shipping settings all the time, so definitely worth a bit of trail and error to see which ones are in stock at the time, compare prices, and see which ones will deliver to where you live at any given time....
(some of the ore obscure countries may surprise you)

The cool thing about doing this is that you don't even need to sign up for a new amazon account to do this, your existing logins work in all countries (I do this all the time).
Has been an absolute lifesaver on countless occasions.

UK
grey version www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFADJFV
red/blue version www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4NBHPM

USA
grey version www.amazon.com/dp/B01LTHP2ZK
red/blue version www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49

CANADA
grey version www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LTHP2ZK
red/blue version www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MUAGZ49

FRANCE
grey version www.amazon.fr/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.fr/dp/B01N5OPMJW

GERMANY
grey version www.amazon.de/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.de/dp/B01N5OPMJW

SPAIN:
grey version www.amazon.es/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.es/dp/B01N5OPMJW

ITALY:
grey version www.amazon.it/dp/B01M6ZGICT
red/blue version www.amazon.it/dp/B01N5OPMJW

Also don't be frightened of any in different languages. Another tip is to paste the web address into google translate, and it will automatically translate the whole page into the language of your choice. Also if you ever need t speak to amazon about anything, they will speak to you in English even if you have ordered from another country. Also, even if amazon themselves aren't selling the one you want, try the other sellers to see which of them have international shipping turned on, and that's always another good backup option too. (but always worth trying the proper amazon fulfilled versions first, as their shipping always tends to be alot faster)

Hope this has helped anyone who had been dying to get hold of a switch that was previously struggling! Where there is a will there's a way!

(...or several siblings fighting over the inheritance! -but that's completely beside the point!)
:D

Wow, I saw a poster for a NES classic and thought is was fake....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2