Have an official Nintendo accessory you want to share? Or perhaps something from Amazon or elsewhere you think is really cool?

Share your Nintendo Switch Accessory picks here to help our community find more cool and fun things to accessorize their Switch with!
    03-09-2017 09:59 AM
    Hi James! (and yeah, too many to list) But you know me, I'll have ago... **grins**

Naturally I love all the Zelda cases, and I like all 5 of the ones I've seen so far! (but naturally I won't need them all, and I'm actually a bit worried about messing up the way they look, so I'll probably just get all the Zelda ones for collectible purposes, but just use a plain black one for everyday use! (I saw a comment on another forum that suggested using the Zelda ones to store all their amiibos in, which I thought was a really good idea)

My favorite looking of all the Zelda ones though is this one...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71mlBnMzeKL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	116881
    http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-S.../dp/B01N10SBT4

It's just a soft case though, so will need a really strong screen protector on it.
    (I'll be getting a proper glass screen protector for my Switch anyway, as I'd be really scared of breaking my screen on the switch, no matter what case I end up using, and those foil types just would't help it much, so a proper solid one should really help that.)

The one I ordered was the Orzly Super Tough Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    (I've had ones from these people before for my iPhone, and they were the best I've ever used, so I trust them to make a good one for my Switch. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS

My next favorite Switch accessory is probably the same as alot of people's. But the official Pro Controller is going to be really useful in alot of situations , as the JoyCons in the grip are still quite nice to use, but they do feel quite tiny in the hand, and the four shoulder buttons are quite close together, but the pro-controller is much nicer to use when playing certain games, and when your're playing for long periods of time (which I know I definitely will) http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switc.../dp/B01NAWKYZ0

I did buy the JoyCon Charging Grip aswell (and I thought it would make my most useful list when I bought it, but I don't actually think it's appropriate to add here, because in practice I've found that I've hardly ever had to use it!) Basically, the JoyCons charge themselves when plugged into the tablet, so they constantly are getting topped up that way anyway. So that one will only really be useful if ever my JoyCons ever happen to run out of battery halfway through playing a game that requires it to be played in separate JoyCon mode. But I've had my console a week now already, and have played like that lots, yet they still haven't ever run out of power yet!

There are so many other things I'd like to list, but I'll stop here, because these are my main 3, plus I'd better give everyone else a chance...
    Last edited by Greek Geek; 03-10-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    03-09-2017 12:42 PM
    I don't have a Nintendo Switch but I feel like the needed accessories are:
    - A case to protect it
    - The charger for the Joy controller, that one which looks like the XBOX.
    - A clear protector for the screen
    03-09-2017 08:30 PM
    I say the most important would be the screen protector and the sd card
    03-09-2017 08:46 PM
    I say the most important would be the screen protector and the sd card
    Good point! (I totally forgot to mention about the SD Card!) I'll probably wait until more downloadable games come out before I'll need one, but I'll definitely be getting as a large of an SD card as I can physically get hold of once more digital games are available. I like doing games that way as it means I don't have to bring cartridges with me, I can just bring the switch with everything already on it like I do with my 3DS.
    I've read that the Switch Console will actually support much bigger SD cards than the 3DS and WiiU did. Currently the biggest MicroSD XC cards that the Switch uses I've seen available are 256GB (but I've read that they've future proofed the system to support as high as 2TB, if ever memory cards start getting bigger) but for now I probably won't need anywhere near that much, and 256GB will be plenty. (in theory it may even be cheaper just to get smaller 64GB or even 32GB SD cards and just swap those out instead of swapping out cartridges, as it would mean that it's much less to carry, and you'd fit a few games on each memory card, rather than just one game per cartridge). So not sure which method I'll end up going with in the end. I guess alot depends on how lazy I feel, and how many games I would actually play at any given time. (I tend to focus on just a few games at a time and see them through before starting others, so they don't necessarily all need to be on the same SD card simultaneously, so would just bring with me the one that contains all the games I'm currently playing at the time, and leave the rest at home).
    03-10-2017 06:04 AM
    If only the pro controller weren't $70!
    sittms1985 likes this.
    03-10-2017 10:20 AM
    The biggest downside to the Zelda case is it doesn't have room for the power adapter.
    03-10-2017 03:43 PM
    If only the pro controller weren't $70!
    Agreed. $70 is painful. I'm hoping the bundled Joycons work fine for extended plays and don't cramp my hands.
    03-10-2017 04:42 PM
    I think this joy-con grip will a great addition Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdp-switch-joy-con-guards-640x508.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	116912
    sittms1985 and jadesimian like this.
    03-10-2017 05:37 PM
    Honestly, I don't know which size I'll get—probably a 128GB.
    03-10-2017 06:03 PM
    The new Smash Bros will test the pro controller.
    03-10-2017 10:24 PM
    Hi James! (and yeah, too many to list) But you know me, I'll have ago... **grins**

Naturally I love all the Zelda cases, and I like all 5 of the ones I've seen so far! (but naturally I won't need them all, and I'm actually a bit worried about messing up the way they look, so I'll probably just get all the Zelda ones for collectible purposes, but just use a plain black one for everyday use! (I saw a comment on another forum that suggested using the Zelda ones to store all their amiibos in, which I thought was a really good idea)

My favorite looking of all the Zelda ones though is this one...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71mlBnMzeKL._AC_SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	116881
    http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-S.../dp/B01N10SBT4

It's just a soft case though, so will need a really strong screen protector on it.
    (I'll be getting a proper glass screen protector for my Switch anyway, as I'd be really scared of breaking my screen on the switch, no matter what case I end up using, and those foil types just would't help it much, so a proper solid one should really help that.)

The one I ordered was the Orzly Super Tough Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    (I've had ones from these people before for my iPhone, and they were the best I've ever used, so I trust them to make a good one for my Switch. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9RG3XS

My next favorite Switch accessory is probably the same as alot of people's. But the official Pro Controller is going to be really useful in alot of situations , as the JoyCons in the grip are still quite nice to use, but they do feel quite tiny in the hand, and the four shoulder buttons are quite close together, but the pro-controller is much nicer to use when playing certain games, and when your're playing for long periods of time (which I know I definitely will) http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switc.../dp/B01NAWKYZ0

I did buy the JoyCon Charging Grip aswell (and I thought it would make my most useful list when I bought it, but I don't actually think it's appropriate to add here, because in practice I've found that I've hardly ever had to use it!) Basically, the JoyCons charge themselves when plugged into the tablet, so they constantly are getting topped up that way anyway. So that one will only really be useful if ever my JoyCons ever happen to run out of battery halfway through playing a game that requires it to be played in separate JoyCon mode. But I've had my console a week now already, and have played like that lots, yet they still haven't ever run out of power yet!

There are so many other things I'd like to list, but I'll stop here, because these are my main 3, plus I'd better give everyone else a chance...
    Wow, those are great suggestions indeed, thanks!

Cheers
    03-11-2017 03:06 PM
    Anyone know if there is a Joy-Con bigger for those with big hands?

I read/heard a lot of people complaining tht the Joy-cons are pretty small.
    03-12-2017 09:54 AM
    Even though I don't have the Switch yet, I've ordered a case, screen protector, and sd card
    03-12-2017 10:21 AM
    From what I am hearing a screen protector is a must!
    03-13-2017 09:27 AM
    I bet every accessory will cost way too much!
    03-13-2017 12:32 PM
    I bet every accessory will cost way too much!
    You are right but there are always some third parties doing some affordable accessories.
    03-13-2017 12:53 PM
    Folks are already making custom Switch docks with 3D printers or their woodwork skills.
    03-13-2017 03:16 PM
    Love the Zelda. Yes, the screen protector is a must!
    03-13-2017 09:57 PM
    Doesn't a screen protector come in the box?
    03-14-2017 10:32 AM
    I've never heard of any manufacturer including screen protectors with their portable devices. If they want to stay competitive and avoid customer complaints, they use gorilla glass or the like to protect screen displays. Nintendo supposedly chose a plastic screen display because it's less likely to crack when dropped but it's easy to scratch.
    03-14-2017 12:54 PM
    Best accessories can be :_

Charger , Case that protects and covers the essential parts.
    A plain cleaning cloth .
    Cable ( port connectors)
    03-14-2017 02:33 PM
    Pro controller is very nice to have. It fits so perfectly in the hands and has a massive battery life. There are many other accessories that I like, but none of them come close to the pro controller. Also, just want to mention, if you have big hands, like I do, and your hand bumps that right joystick on the gripped cons, just don't say another word go get a pro controller immediately.
    03-15-2017 03:45 AM
    How do people like the joy-con ? I've heard reviews saying buttons on them are a little small and using buttons instead of a D-pad on the left joy con is a little strange
    03-15-2017 11:39 AM
    How do people like the joy-con ? I've heard reviews saying buttons on them are a little small and using buttons instead of a D-pad on the left joy con is a little strange
    Personally, I've not had any of the connectivity issues that I keep hearing about all over the internet. (Both me and my daughter have a switch, and they both work perfectly). One thing I will say about them though, is it takes a bit of getting used to when playing with the joycons split into separate controllers though. (Tried doing it with snipperclips with my daughter when she first got it, and it's a bit weird to get used to (because all the buttons are the other way up), so i kept sort of confusing which was the accept button and which was the back button on the menus, cause you're never sure which orientation it's supposed to be until you press it. So that did get very annoying. You do get used to it though, but I'm not gonna lie, it can be a bit discombobulating at first!
    03-15-2017 01:39 PM
42 12