Best Nintendo Switch Accessories

ar00tu

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I've never heard of any manufacturer including screen protectors with their portable devices. If they want to stay competitive and avoid customer complaints, they use gorilla glass or the like to protect screen displays. Nintendo supposedly chose a plastic screen display because it's less likely to crack when dropped but it's easy to scratch.

Aditya VD

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Best accessories can be :_

Charger , Case that protects and covers the essential parts.
A plain cleaning cloth .
Cable ( port connectors)

JPatillo

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
Pro controller is very nice to have. It fits so perfectly in the hands and has a massive battery life. There are many other accessories that I like, but none of them come close to the pro controller. Also, just want to mention, if you have big hands, like I do, and your hand bumps that right joystick on the gripped cons, just don't say another word go get a pro controller immediately.

aliemental

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
How do people like the joy-con ? I've heard reviews saying buttons on them are a little small and using buttons instead of a D-pad on the left joy con is a little strange

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
How do people like the joy-con ? I've heard reviews saying buttons on them are a little small and using buttons instead of a D-pad on the left joy con is a little strange

Personally, I've not had any of the connectivity issues that I keep hearing about all over the internet. (Both me and my daughter have a switch, and they both work perfectly). One thing I will say about them though, is it takes a bit of getting used to when playing with the joycons split into separate controllers though. (Tried doing it with snipperclips with my daughter when she first got it, and it's a bit weird to get used to (because all the buttons are the other way up), so i kept sort of confusing which was the accept button and which was the back button on the menus, cause you're never sure which orientation it's supposed to be until you press it. So that did get very annoying. You do get used to it though, but I'm not gonna lie, it can be a bit discombobulating at first!

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The biggest downside to the Zelda case is it doesn't have room for the power adapter.

This is very true! Fortunately there are some really good ones out there that do. I initially had the exact same problem as you. I did try looking at a few others, but alot of the ones that don't have this problem are absolute behemoths to carry. Would have liked something like either the hard case versions of the Zelda ones (which I will be getting anyway just because it's Zelda, but the pre-order times are ridiculously long on those, plus after seeing a YouTube video on them, it turns out they don't actually fit the official Nintendo power pack in there anyway!) The Hori one is even smaller, so that one was even worse! (it barely fits anything inside it besides the switch itself).

In the end I managed to find an excellent one that was done by the same people I got my glass screen protector from, which while wasn't too bulky on the outside, actually had room for quite alot of things on the inside. (was able to get an EU power adaptor in there just about, but not a UK one though, as those are big chunky plugs, and would be too wide for nearly anything). So someone else would have to test if it works with a USA one, as I don't have a USA adaptor to test, so not sure about the sizing on those.

Actually some other guy on YouTube did a really good video about the size inside the case though, and he showed an actual JoyCon Grip fitting in there....
(He only showed the Joy-Con Grip inside it on the vid, which is how I got the idea, but it seem to fit a number of other things aswell). I've tried it myself personally, and I can confirm that the JoyCon grip does fit, but I should warn you that the JoyCon grip is a bit of a tight fit height-wise though, so you kind of still have to force the zip with a JoyCon grip in there, which I'm not so sure the pressure would be good for the screen long term). Fortunately though, I'm not so sure I'd actually ever even want to be bring the grip with me anyway most of the time, but nice to know that it can be done if ever needs must.
www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly-Carry-Case-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01NAUKS62

This guy has actually tested out quite a few others of the various different types out there for the Switch, so I found watching his stuff a really good way to actually be able to see what each of them were like in real life. (it's not always easy to tell all the finer details just from the pics and descriptions on Amazon). For example, I hadn't actually realized that the size difference between that the one I got and the Hori one was that much different until I saw the video that he did, so well worth doing your research beforehand, as it can get quite expensive finding out this stuff the hard way!

Last edited:

sittms1985

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Heard the pro controller was a nice thing to have, thanks for your insight! Probably gonna be one of my first purchases after getting a Switch...After a screen protector of course :laughing:

ar00tu

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
The Orzly case has a cushioned flap to protect the screen from items stored in the net pocket. That's a pretty good design idea.

If you get a 128 GB SD card, check the reviews for comments regarding Switch compatibility. Some cards have gotten so hot that their plastic shell have melted.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Someone may have already said this, but a working mobile battery pack! Did some research and it looks like a product like this could work.

Lumsing 15000mAh Portable Charger,Quick Charge 3.0 USB-C External Battery Power Bank for iPhone, iPad, Smartphones and Tablets (black)
https://www.amazon.com/Lumsing-1500...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2913962

Let me know how you get on with this! A battery pack would be a very very useful thing for the Switch, however, I've heard some very mixed things about using the TypeC cables. Most of the consensus was that while the Switch uses a TypeC cable, it doesn't provide enough power in order to charge it (the standard USB end on the other side being its limitation. There was a very good video about this I saw on YouTube on a channel called TheKnow, where they tested this out.

Unfortunately, what they found out was that only the official Nintendo Power Supply (the one with the home socket) was the only thing that could actually charge the switch during play. What they discovered was that while the switch does use any standard TypeC cable (and they do work for powering your switch), the problem is when charging during play, so you could only charge it with it switched off (and even then it took many hours longer than it should). Basically what it all boiled down to was that it is the power supply section that gives it the power it needs, which is why TypeC cables alone can't handle it (part of the fact being that it's standard USB at the other end, but also partly because there is now power unit to ampify the power to give it what it needs). They did specifically mention that it was useless from any of the power bank portable battery chargers currently on the market because of this. There was one they found which uses TypeC to TypeC on the other end and was more powerful than usual, but it was pretty bulky, and even that took longer to charge than it does from the home socket. (which is a real shame, because a portable battery pack would be so freaking useful if they worked like they do for smartphones).

If anyone made one, I would personally buy one like a shot (and I'm sure it would be possible somehow, just no-one seems to do one that works in this context at the moment) However, let me know how you get on with yours when you finally get to try the one you ordered, and if you get it to work! Be sure to test out what you find and post back on here just in case you've managed to find one that has solved this problem. (But I wouldn't count my chickens just yet, as all the things I've heard so far suggest that it can't yet be done!) -Though I will happily be proven wrong, and you will indeed be my favorite person if you're the first to help me get one that does work properly!

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Let me know how you get on with this! A battery pack would be a very very useful thing for the Switch, however, I've heard some very mixed things about using the TypeC cables. Most of the consensus was that while the Switch uses a TypeC cable, it doesn't provide enough power in order to charge it (the standard USB end on the other side being its limitation. There was a very good video about this I saw on YouTube on a channel called TheKnow, where they tested this out.

Unfortunately, what they found out was that only the official Nintendo Power Supply (the one with the home socket) was the only thing that could actually charge the switch during play. What they discovered was that while the switch does use any standard TypeC cable (and they do work for powering your switch), the problem is when charging during play, so you could only charge it with it switched off (and even then it took many hours longer than it should). Basically what it all boiled down to was that it is the power supply section that gives it the power it needs, which is why TypeC cables alone can't handle it (part of the fact being that it's standard USB at the other end, but also partly because there is now power unit to ampify the power to give it what it needs). They did specifically mention that it was useless from any of the power bank portable battery chargers currently on the market because of this. There was one they found which uses TypeC to TypeC on the other end and was more powerful than usual, but it was pretty bulky, and even that took longer to charge than it does from the home socket. (which is a real shame, because a portable battery pack would be so freaking useful if they worked like they do for smartphones).

If anyone made one, I would personally buy one like a shot (and I'm sure it would be possible somehow, just no-one seems to do one that works in this context at the moment) However, let me know how you get on with yours when you finally get to try the one you ordered, and if you get it to work! Be sure to test out what you find and post back on here just in case you've managed to find one that has solved this problem. (But I wouldn't count my chickens just yet, as all the things I've heard so far suggest that it can't yet be done!) -Though I will happily be proven wrong, and you will indeed be my favorite person if you're the first to help me get one that does work properly!

I heard these things too, but my hypothesis is that it may not charge per say, but maybe it can decrease the rate of battery drain. We can always try it and return if it doesn't work, especially if you have free shipping with amazon prime or something. Definitely need something to be done, especially as the devices get older and hold less of a charge. Wheel around a car battery? lol

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I heard these things too, but my hypothesis is that it may not charge per say, but maybe it can decrease the rate of battery drain. We can always try it and return if it doesn't work, especially if you have free shipping with amazon prime or something. Definitely need something to be done, especially as the devices get older and hold less of a charge. Wheel around a car battery? lol
lol. I know what you mean! I've started to see alot more marketed as being Nintendo Switch compatible though (doesn't mean it's true, as alot of people not realizing this will have assumed that, and just thought saying that it would work this way, would be a good idea). But I'm hoping that someone somewhere does do this successfully though, as it would be such a really useful accessory for the Switch. (I'm still going to hold off buying one myself though until I see more evidence of someone actually having pulled this off!)
But I admire your thinking, and we do need people out there who dare to actually risk trying this stuff out before any of us can ever know for sure. So if you do get one, definitely let me know what happens when you try it! I do genuinely hope you succeed!

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Greek Geek for sharing nice suggestions for Switch Accessories. Moreover users who are willing to buy switch accessories like SD card, Screen Protector, Stand etc can refer this link https://www.indabaa.com/best-nintendo-switch-accessories/ which I found more preferable.
No worries! Hey, Nice list! I had thought about getting those really nice looking Zelda skins that you've got on there (these ones...)
71uzQJgAGLL._SL1500_.jpg
, but I would only ever use the bit that you put on the dock (as the parts of that kit that go on the actual switch itself has two main problems.... ) I've heard many reports that the adhesive that most of the actual skins use actually damage the console and joy-con parts. (it was a company called skinomi that reported that problem though, so maybe the Zelda ones are okay). But while the JoyCon bits do look incredibly gorgeous, I think they wouldn't be very practical in a real world usage sense, due to all the rough and tumble of everyday play. Also, the screen protectors they provide in that pack are the useless regular kind. (so don't do anything to protect the bit that worries me the most about the Switch, which is the screen getting smashed). So I think I'll stick with my Orzly Tempered Glass ones for the screen protector part (these ones www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N9RG3XS ), as those are extremely good, and you can't even tell you've got a screen protector on after you've installed them. But I do like the Zelda design so much though, that I may buy this Zelda skin pack anyway aswell, just so I can have the nice Zelda design on the dock. (the dock shouldn't sufferer from any of the problems that the screen and joycon bits in the kit do, as the dock is made of a hard plastic with nothing that can get damaged. (plus you don't take the dock bit with you anyway, so wouldn't suffer the same wear and tear issues that the joycon skin parts would). Actually, the more I think of it, the more I'm loving the idea of doing it in this hybrid way! (best of both worlds!) Thanks man!!

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well maybe it will be necessary for those with a family with some gamers:

71iHG8vzEYL._SL1500_.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member