I'm torn between the MacBook and rMBP

Malek Yamout

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I love the speakers on the new MacBook and the late technology, but 12 inches isnt that big and battery life isn't that great, on the other hand you have the rMBP, I'm in school so I don't need that much power, you get extra battery life and a bigger screen but not so great speakers and its heavy should I wait until both are updated?

heavy. Should I wait until both

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You're going to have to decide based on your needs and preferences... Crowd sourced affirmation from an Internet forum isn't worth a crock of beans IMO...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I went from a rMB from 2012 to the 2015 12" MB and I am not having any concerns thus far. The keyboard and trackpad will take some time to get used to, but nothing else has bothered me. I'm gonna order a $15 USB-C adapter that gives me 4 USB ports, and another USB-C to HDMI adapter for those rare occasions I plug in a TV (mostly away from home, since at my house I have an Apple TV) and I'll be set. So far so good, and battery life has been okay. Slightly lower than my rMB but nothing absurd and since I can charge it with a battery pack, I am not stressing it. I have a small battery pack I use for my phone or other random things that will do the job with my Mac.

sx4dude2013

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a 2015 RMBP and hated it. It was expensive and heavy.
I returned it.
I purchased an Open Box 2015 Macbook in space grey from Best Buy For $1175. Couldn't be happier.
The battery life is decent and its so light.
It has replaced my iPad Air which is currently for sale on Ebay. lol
Im a big web user and streaming guy and I really love the silent usage since this is fanless.

If your not a heavy user this is a great option.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, it blows my mind that someone would characterize the 13'' Pro as "heavy" but to each their own!

If you're mainly doing office work and media consumption the rMB is perfect. To be honest, for 99% of what I do on my Pro, the rMB would be fine.

IDK what you are talking about with the battery life being worst, to be honest. The rMB is rated very similarly to the 11'' Air. Here's some benchmarks comparing idle/low load life and high load life you might find interesting:

Battery Life & WiFi Performance - The 2015 MacBook Review

Basically all MacBooks have excellent battery life, so I'd make the decision based on the hardware you need.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For me that single USB C port and the necessity for buying adapters is the single reason I would not consider buying the new MacBook.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually ok with the one port. For $19 I can get a USB adapter. That would have me covered. It would be a mobile device. I would rarely need anything other than my phone plugged in there. But I can see how some people would be bothered by it. Just wouldn't affect me much. I'm really looking at buying one - I think the extra $400 over the base Air is worth it for what I need.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It works for everything I need it for. I haven't come across anything I need to do that this laptop won't do quickly.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
If you are planning on using it with a second screen than the MacBook is not going to make you happy. My MacBook starts to get choppy when using an extended desktop and having other programs open on the laptop itself. Fortunately that is what my wife's MBP is for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2