iPad Killer

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I did read the first post. . . . I had a iPad 4 (sold it to purchase iPad mini) and my wife has an iPad Air, but I like the mini form factor better. The color has never been an issue for me.

The problem with this discussion is that you can't say why you prefer the iPad over an iPhone or Mac for certain reasons without OP basically telling you that you're wrong and the iPhone and Mac do everything better. You're not allowed to have your own opinion I guess.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
The problem with this discussion is that you can't say why you prefer the iPad over an iPhone or Mac for certain reasons without OP basically telling you that you're wrong and the iPhone and Mac do everything better. You're not allowed to have your own opinion I guess.

Do you have a rMB or basing your opinion on another apple laptop?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hardly use the iPads with the 6+ and rMBP around. Not a replacement device to device per se but the iPads are seeing a lot less use.

Even the mini is not that convenient to carry. The iPad Air is super nice but way too big to be convenient. Used the iPad mini a lot more when I had a smaller phone.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure why it matters. I haven't mentioned weight or thickness. I've only mentioned form factor and battery life.

Form factor is weight and thickness. It matters as you don't have one so you wouldn't know. rMB and iPad air 2 both have 9-10 hours Battery life as stated by Apple depending on use. Again if you done have one you wouldn't know. I have/had both so am going on experience.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Form factor is weight and thickness. It matters as you don't have one so you wouldn't know. rMB and iPad air 2 both have 9-10 hours Battery life as stated by Apple depending on use. Again if you done have one you wouldn't know. I have/had both so am going on experience.

I don't need a MacBook to know that form factor is size and/or physical arrangement. It has nothing to do with weight. You could continue to pointlessly argue that the thickness is part of the size even though that still isn't my issue with using a laptop over a tablet. It doesn't matter because the MacBook could be as thin and light as an iPad and it wouldn't change my opinion at all. Like I said a few comments ago, tablets were made to use while holding them and laptops were made to use while resting on a surface.

And I don't care what their batteries are rated at by Apple. Apple says the iPhone 6 will get up to 10 hours of Internet browsing on LTE. Tell me you can use an iPhone 6 on LTE for anywhere near 10 hours and I will laugh at you. The only thing that matters is actual use and the iPad is the only device of the two that will get 10+ hours.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't need a MacBook to know that form factor is size and/or physical arrangement. It has nothing to do with weight. You could continue to pointlessly argue that the thickness is part of the size even though that still isn't my issue with using a laptop over a tablet. It doesn't matter because the MacBook could be as thin and light as an iPad and it wouldn't change my opinion at all. Like I said a few comments ago, tablets were made to use while holding them and laptops were made to use while resting on a surface.

And I don't care what their batteries are rated at by Apple. Apple says the iPhone 6 will get up to 10 hours of Internet browsing on LTE. Tell me you can use an iPhone 6 on LTE for anywhere near 10 hours and I will laugh at you. The only thing that matters is actual use and the iPad is the only device of the two that will get 10+ hours.

So Apple are right with iPad rating but not the rMB. Let me know when you have tested both. If not stop trolling the thread.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So Apple are right with iPad rating but not the rMB. Let me know when you have tested both. If not stop trolling the thread.

Well Apple (like pretty much every other OEM) overestimates the battery life of the rMBP, iPhone, and iPod touch, so I'm not surprised they do the same with the MacBook. I don't need to test it for myself when I can read reviews for multiple people myself. It doesn't really matter though because even if you did get exactly 9 hours on the MacBook and 10 on the iPad, the iPad still lasts longer.

And I'm trolling because I like tablets over laptops for certain tasks? Okay. If you get so upset over someone disagreeing with you, maybe you should stop voicing your own opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It is not a necessity to personally test devices to have a firm understanding of their performance...there are so many blogs and review websites that do it these days with comprehensive information and coverage on every fine detail that it's to essential for you to do it yourself anymore to be able to have a legitimate opinion on something...

Take this for example: Battery Life & WiFi Performance - The 2015 MacBook Review

...this breaks down how Apple determines their battery life, and they compare and contrast to their own set of standards while doing battery life tests. Looking at the two sets of criteria, I feel Apple's basis isn't all that realistic compared to my own...especially in terms of screen brightness. The retina display shows its beauty at higher brightness levels, so setting it at 75% or lower isn't really reflective of someone who values the performance of such a feature (since it's one of the biggest of the device).

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have MBA 2012, iPad Air 2 128 GB and iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB.

I prefer using my iPad vs laptop at the moment.
I don't give a fig about rMP vs any other kind of MacBook.

:biggrin:

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
It is not a necessity to personally test devices to have a firm understanding of their performance...there are so many blogs and review websites that do it these days with comprehensive information and coverage on every fine detail that it's to essential for you to do it yourself anymore to be able to have a legitimate opinion on something...

Take this for example: Battery Life & WiFi Performance - The 2015 MacBook Review

...this breaks down how Apple determines their battery life, and they compare and contrast to their own set of standards while doing battery life tests. Looking at the two sets of criteria, I feel Apple's basis isn't all that realistic compared to my own...especially in terms of screen brightness. The retina display shows its beauty at higher brightness levels, so setting it at 75% or lower isn't really reflective of someone who values the performance of such a feature (since it's one of the biggest of the device).

Nothing beats owning a device for a few weeks, reviewers don't, or are biased for one reason or another. Suppose you believe in polls too.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I have MBA 2012, iPad Air 2 128 GB and iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB.

I prefer using my iPad vs laptop at the moment.
I don't give a fig about rMP vs any other kind of MacBook.

:biggrin:

Not sure how anyone could own a retina iPad and iPhone then look at a Air, so yes i would give a fig.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing beats owning a device for a few weeks, reviewers don't, or are biased for one reason or another. Suppose you believe in polls too.

Discrediting a review like I posted because you feel you're a higher authority as an "owner" is asinine. And there was NOTHING biased about that review...I'm guessing you didn't even bother to click the link. It doesn't really matter at the end of the day though...you can believe your opinion and reflection of a device is a higher authority based on a tiny ownership time frame vs. other people who make an actual CAREER of reviewing and breaking down these products to understand them better, all you want...it doesn't change the fact that it's still simply your opinion.

And putting all that aside...the battery life numbers are FACTUAL. You can't argue with that...they show their work, they aren't just pulling pie in the sky numbers out and sharing them.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Can I sell my Iphone 6? Or exchange it with IPAD?

Welcome to iMore! You can't exchange an iPhone for an iPad directly (unless you find someone who wants to do a swap) but you might be able to sell your iPhone and use the proceeds to buy an iPad.
That being said, an old thread that hasn't been discussed in almost a year isn't the best place to look. Try the link below. We have an entire subforum dedicated to your cause!
http://forums.imore.com/marketplace-buy-sell-trade/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR