What album keeps surprising you?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
We all have those albums that keep on giving. You know what I mean, you nearly burn yourself out on it and leave it for a while then wonder why you did while also finding new things to love about it. You can post more than one if you want, but what is the album that keeps surprising you? For me, it's Battles by In Flames, it's the first album that In Flames feels like they have their voice since the departure of Jesper Stromblad and there just so many things to love about itm

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to go with Peter Gabriel's 3rd Album, in German. People may not be aware, but Gabriel did his early Albums in English AND German. Now this is NOT dubbed, it's him singing the songs in German. In particular I listen to and love the 3rd Album called Peter Gabriel (his first 4 were ALL named Peter Gabriel), and the song "Spiel Ohne Grenzen" Games without Frontiers.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Another is the Grateful Dead Terrapin Station. I can listen to that over and OVER! And Genesis Foxtrot! In particular Supper's Ready! BUT I love the whole album!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to go with Peter Gabriel's 3rd Album, in German. People may not be aware, but Gabriel did his early Albums in English AND German. Now this is NOT dubbed, it's him singing the songs in German. In particular I listen to and love the 3rd Album called Peter Gabriel (his first 4 were ALL named Peter Gabriel), and the song "Spiel Ohne Grenzen" Games without Frontiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HII5VANpiAU

I'm a huge Gabriel fan, back from the early Genesis days.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Pink Floyd : Echoes. Live in Pompeii

David Gilmour all out jamming. Never get tired of watching/listening to it.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Last edited by a moderator:

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Today I was out and about, rainy sky's had just cleared, beautiful spring day, and I put Spyro Gyra's Morning Dance on my headphones and was amazed how good it sounded and how good it made me feel!