Which music service do you use, and why?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Time for me to start listening to music while I'm working on Projects. It will help me focus; well, we'll see...

So, what music service do you use, and why?
- Amazon Music?
- Apple Music?
- Google Music?
- Spotify?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Which music service?

Apple Music, because it seamlessly integrates with the stock music app on my iPhone.
Full disclosure, I don't have much experience with other services but Apple Music made me finally subscribe to a music streaming service.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which music service?

They're all pretty decent services. It really depends on what devices you use most to stream music. If iOS is your only thing, then Apple Music is a no brainer. If you use a PS4 regularly, you might want to consider Spotify. So on, and so forth.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site

I just recently switched to an iPhone after being with Android for many years. Since I already subscribe to Google Play Music I'm just going to stick with that since it also allows me to have YouTube Red with no ads in the YouTube app.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I use the free version of Spotify. Mainly just for the gym. I am not a big streaming fan, and personally think its a waste of money. I rather buy an album, which most other people think is a waste of money.

perd hapley

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I use Google Play Music since it allows me to upload songs from my own library as well. If you're interested in the "social" aspect and better playlists Spotify is better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use both Music and Amazon Music. Why? I like the variety that Music brings and I like the curation of music that Amazon brings.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
We still have Prime, have tried others, and the family likes the Apple family plan the most. Over time I always liked the new discovery items eMusic would show me. Put another way I'm convinced I discovered the most unknown to me via eMusic. My kids and wife found the latter too obscure.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Amazon Music Unlimited for a while because it was available on my Echo devices. I recently switched back to Apple Music now that Apple and Amazon finally realized that they need each other and it’s been rolled out to Echo as well.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Shoot, I've got Apple Music, Amazon Music (never use it but it's bundled with Prime), Google Play Music (comes with my YouTube Red subscription) and Spotify Premium. Either Apple Music or Spotify Premium will be going away soon enough though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Shoot, I've got Apple Music, Amazon Music (never use it but it's bundled with Prime), Google Play Music (comes with my YouTube Red subscription) and Spotify Premium. Either Apple Music or Spotify Premium will be going away soon enough though.

I’ve honestly never noticed a difference content-wise between all of the services. I go with what is available on as many devices as possible. Apple Music wins for now because I can get it on literally every device, including Apple TV and Echo. Aside from that they’re all pretty much interchangeable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner