Apple Music, family share, and iTunes Match

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So I was excited when Apple released the new music app and am ready to pay the $15 a month for the family. But the thing that it killing it right now is I enabled family share and now my wife doesn't get the iTunes Match music anymore. Before we used 1 iTunes account for purchases, but if we did that with the new music app then it wouldn't be tailored to mine or her taste of music as it would combine both interests under 1 account, however I would be saving $5/month.

Is anyone else dealing with the same dilemma or are you doing something different?

Also, is it possible for her to log into her iTunes account on a computer that has all the music offline and upload it to the Apple Music library and then have it for streaming later on her iOS devices? Is that a possible work around as from what I understand that iTunes Match will be irrelevant if you're an Apple music subscriber?

Answers/Suggestions please.

Thanks in Advance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You should still get iTunes Match if you want to pay for it and the streaming service. The idea is to use iCloud Music Library instead of iTunes Match. But I would wait until they get the bugs out.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My match subscription doesn't expire til January. But that's not the issue. The issue is how do I get all of "our" music on both phones without having to do 2 iTunes Match subscriptions.

tleaves

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Not same problem but similar. Before Apple Music I could share purchases with Family Share and also sync mine and my wife's iPods with iTunes for all of my local music. Since Apple Music I am not able to sync with iTunes, understand that is normal but my wife does not have access to my local content anymore. Can't sync with iTunes and not showing up on the Cloud when logged in with her Apple ID. Does she have to use my id if we are to load local music on her iPod? You found an answer?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I was excited when Apple released the new music app and am ready to pay the $15 a month for the family. But the thing that it killing it right now is I enabled family share and now my wife doesn't get the iTunes Match music anymore. Before we used 1 iTunes account for purchases, but if we did that with the new music app then it wouldn't be tailored to mine or her taste of music as it would combine both interests under 1 account, however I would be saving $5/month.

Is anyone else dealing with the same dilemma or are you doing something different?

Also, is it possible for her to log into her iTunes account on a computer that has all the music offline and upload it to the Apple Music library and then have it for streaming later on her iOS devices? Is that a possible work around as from what I understand that iTunes Match will be irrelevant if you're an Apple music subscriber?

Answers/Suggestions please.

Thanks in Advance.

Same issue here this is why apple music is still not activated for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russlack

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I?ve a paid ITunes Match service for my Apple Music library, but since updating to 12.2.1 I can no longer see iTunes Match in the Account tab. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73