Why won't the iPhone music app skip songs in shuffle mode?

I

iMore Question

Why wont the IPHONE music app skip songs in shuffle mode

I have a ton of music on my IPHONE, lots of full albums that I don't want to hear certain songs when in shuffle mode or things like Christmas Music, but I don't want to limit myself to playlists. ITunes allows you to check a box for (skip when shuffling) in song options but my IPhone continues to play song after song that I selected for skipping. Is the feature exclusive to my computer and not the app on my phone or am I doing something wrong?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why wont the IPHONE music app skip songs in shuffle mode

I skip songs manually because I could never get the skip option to work consistently. Can you skip the songs manually?

TJ Punchard

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why wont the IPHONE music app skip songs in shuffle mode

I have a ton of music on my IPHONE, lots of full albums that I don't want to hear certain songs when in shuffle mode or things like Christmas Music, but I don't want to limit myself to playlists. ITunes allows you to check a box for (skip when shuffling) in song options but my IPhone continues to play song after song that I selected for skipping. Is the feature exclusive to my computer and not the app on my phone or am I doing something wrong?

I'm having the same issue. This is by far the worst especially when I'm in a good groove at the gym and some random podcast comes on. This entire update was unnecessary. Apple needs to fix this. I really dislike the new layout and the Apple Music is a sad attempt to be something they're not. Couldn't even suggest one artist I listened to after making selections. Ended up just switching it off.

But they need to fix the whole music issue