Spotify in Canada

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when Spotify will open up the "doors" to allow anyone sign up for an account in Canada?

I submitted my email address to get a code to get in early and still haven't received one yet and I really want to sign up for their service as every other digital music service pretty much stunk for me for one reason or the other (google music, Xbox music, etc).

Hate that Spotify didn't just let anyone sign up for an account in Canada.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
It's coming to Canada, but what's stupid is that you need to sign up to get an invitation and it looks like I didn't get one. Tempted to go back to RDIO since google play music offline playback is borked. But I heard good things about spotify and I wanted to give that one a shot.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for 3 days now... Also added a second email just incase. I have tried rdio, I did like it but the monthly cost and catalog wasn't enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting for 3 days now... Also added a second email just incase. I have tried rdio, I did like it but the monthly cost and catalog wasn't enough for me.

I added an second email address as well. What I don't like about RDIO is that they don't have a chart of the top 50 or 100 songs overall and in each genre.

Update, RDIO does have a chart of top songs. Sorry.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Can you guys get Google Play Music? It's just as good and a bit cheaper only 7.99 a month. I have used both. Spotify IS a little cooler and a little more intuitive, BUT Google Music gives you almost as much at a much better price.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Tried google play and cancelled it. Latest update borked offline listening and even with offline listening working before, I was nearing my data cap for the month. So I cancelled my all access account.

Now waiting for an Spotify canada invitation or i'm going back to RDIO.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you guys get Google Play Music? It's just as good and a bit cheaper only 7.99 a month. I have used both. Spotify IS a little cooler and a little more intuitive, BUT Google Music gives you almost as much at a much better price.

In Canada it's $9.99 and I haven't tried it I might try it though soon.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Quick update...gave up waiting and giving deeper a go and i'm really impressed. Their IOS app, to me, is great and I like it much better than xbox music & RDIO.

Also, I like how easy it is to add albums to your collection and the sound quality is great.

Unless Spotify blows my mind when I get an invitation, I'm sticking with deezer. Doesn't help deezer is 5 bucks a month for the first 3 months.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick update...gave up waiting and giving deeper a go and i'm really impressed. Their IOS app, to me, is great and I like it much better than xbox music & RDIO.

Also, I like how easy it is to add albums to your collection and the sound quality is great.

Unless Spotify blows my mind when I get an invitation, I'm sticking with deezer. Doesn't help deezer is 5 bucks a month for the first 3 months.

I gave up and tried google play music all access, I like it but I still can't find an on-demand service that has a good dubstep catalog. I've tried rdio and find google play music better. I've also tried iTunes Radio and found it ok.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and tried google play music all access, I like it but I still can't find an on-demand service that has a good dubstep catalog. I've tried rdio and find google play music better. I've also tried iTunes Radio and found it ok.

Don't have iTunes radio up in Canada yet, so can't comment on that service. Maybe try deezer and see what it offers before you upgrade to premium.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't have iTunes radio up in Canada yet, so can't comment on that service. Maybe try deezer and see what it offers before you upgrade to premium.

I have a US iTunes account so I can use iTunes Radio any time. I might try deezer but my google play music trial ends August 14th so I got a while still.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Ok I have tried deezer, it does offer more songs than google play music but it's not as constant as google play music in terms of music quality. The songs that are available in HQ in deezer are good but if you come across one that isn't it doesn't sound good at all. In terms of data usage I've noticed deezer uses less data than google play music but for some reason google play music loads more faster than deezer over cellular data. One thing I don't like about both google and deezer is it loads ahead which uses more data if I don't listen to those songs it loads ahead. Overall they are both good but I would pick google play music all access over deezer due to sound quality constancy. Comparing the discovery part (the radio part) of google and deezer to iTunes Radio I would have to give it to iTunes Radio cause it wins in both sound quality and music catalog plus it uses less data since it only loads one song at a time and only starts loading the next song when there is about 10 seconds left in the current song. In terms of music discovery all 3 are equal, iTunes Radio does have a slight advantage with first play but that's it.
Once spotify does launch 100% in Canada (which is in "coming months" apparently) I will try it and compare. Also google play music, deezer and spotify all offer songs in UPTO 320 Kbps mp3 with iTunes Radio songs in 256 Kbps m4a.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and just going to buy my music from the iTunes store. I already find that the songs are much better to listen to than any streaming service I tried before.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I gave up and just going to buy my music from the iTunes store. I already find that the songs are much better to listen to than any streaming service I tried before.

I've decided to keep google play music all access for now since it was the most consistent of all in terms of song quality. I still buy songs and albums on iTunes also. I don't think I can ever go full cloud streaming due to my data plan.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yay for legitimate access to Spotify in Canada, finally!

Beats Music was my paid service till now, but I may switch over to Spotify. (Receiving the invitation last week was a surprise -- I'd forgotten I'd signed up for one.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2