What headphones do you guys have and use most frequently?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've tried and loved Sennheisers, JVCs, ear pods (do like them), the premium Apple earbuds (like those too), skullCandy, and a pair of Beats SoloHD I won at work...but just got a pair of Bose SoundTrue for iOS in cranberry and they blow them all out of the water.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The earbuds I picked up at Dollar General work great for music. Not so great for other uses. I think they're about $10.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yurbuds Ironman for working out
Monster iSport Immersion for general listening

Got some JLab J4's for Xmas, but they are going back. Sound great, just don't stay in the ears.

And I just picked up the Skullcandy Hesh 2's today.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The earbuds I picked up at Dollar General work great for music. Not so great for other uses. I think they're about $10.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Isn't that illegal? Selling stuff for $10 at a "DOLLAR" store? :) Dude, you got ripped off!

And so I don’t get busted for going Off Topic:

My earbuds of choice are my Etymotics hf3. Love ’em.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've ended up happy with the Apple ear buds, B&W P5 series 2, and HankAZ (above) has kept my interest in Etymotics.

The P5 series 2 are just wonderful overall but might not be for everyone. They travel well, are super comfy, pretty good isolation, and the single replaceable cable and other replaceable parts are great.

The sound of the B&Ws should be understood. They're not too scooped, bright, or heavy in bass like many models. That could make them seem boring but the "stage" impression is great and the audio EQ settings in the phone change their character in a hurry. I liked the way the phone EQ settings changed the very neutral sounding headphones more than wearing models with more extreme tone and using the EQ to change their characteristics.

I wear glasses often and the P5s should be considered by people wearing glasses because the on ear design has comfortable isolation and still works with glasses where some over the ear models and my frames left a gap.

Nothing against electronic noise cancellation here but I'm not on an airliner very much these days, have enough batteries to charge or change in my life, and love the non-active models late at night when the house is quiet.

This product category is definitely the illustrating the paradox of choice, and also illustrates the concept of diminishing returns.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have plenty of different headphones a few I got for free or cheap.

Bose sound true in ears which are basically the IE2. Got that because I wanted a pair of earphones but the in ears hurt and the old Apple earbuds also hurt and this was a nice design . I don't particularly love the sound quality but JT has s purpose

v-moda M-100 which are around the ear headphones and these are amazing for the price. I got them for $299 but they are cheaper at times o. Amazon

v-moda XS: on ewe design and sound good for the price

beats solo 2: sound good considering I got them as a gift

Also got some others but I've lost them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
AKG Q701, Sennheiser HD650, Grado SR325i, and Sennheiser HD595. These are always fed by a HeadRoom TotalBithead headphone amp.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use some Samsung headphones. I swear, they have the best bundled and "cheaper" headphones that I've ever heard. Even when I don't have a Samsung device, I still buy my headphones from the Samsung experience store. Something about their headphones just sound, good. Really good, to my ears.

I can't be bothered to spend $50+ on a pair of headphones. I am known for losing them or putting them through the washer. Well-known...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Bluebud X's in the gym
Powerbeat Wireless 2 day time listening
Bose Quiet comfort in the plane

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads