Which Do You Prefer: Physical Copy or Digital Album?

Akash Ks1

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I would prefer digitl as u know it can be streamed anywhere wid our mobiles or pads but physical cds require a cd player which can only be used on pcs laptops or media players ...

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Only buy physical of release's of special favorites to save maybe about 3 a year other than that all digital I have about 150 cds stagnate in a cabinet all old and since release most have been remastered

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I prefer a physical copy, usually vinyl and preferably with a download card. There's something nice about seeing the artwork and touching the album. The conscience of digital is great, but it just seems so impersonal

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I prefer digital albums, I can take them everywhere with me across devices and I don't have to worry about dusting off their cases later.

Sent from mTalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Digital all the way. I honestly don't remember the last piece of physical media I purchased. There's always a risk that physical copies will get damaged or lost. My digital movies, shows, and music are always exactly where I need them to be.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ugh.......I was just reminded now how I've neglected my digital media player. I just ripped my newest CD's into .wav setup with my EQ settings through my Shure SE-315's and I can't believe how much better this album is. It's even better than it was before when I called it the best of 2016. And I'm not even listening at full potential, I require deeper pockets for that experience.

Andoresu47

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Digital. You can have it recorded in any physical medium if you want to. Plus the versatility of having the files in all your devices.

treodoc755

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Physical album (vinyl or CD) for me. I can always digitize any/all songs I want to have on my devices, and they always sound noticeably better (more details, more crispness) when I listen to them (I digitize them at a higher bitrate than is typically available purchasing them from iTunes, etc.). I can definitely tell the difference, even if the physical tracks may not be lossless per se.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Physical CDs are my second preference. My first preference is actually vinyl, since I like the warm sound.

If I do buy digital music, then I choose FLAC, rather than mp3, since I like hi-fi sound. I use a DAC and Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Physical CDs are my second preference. My first preference is actually vinyl, since I like the warm sound.

If I do buy digital music, then I choose FLAC, rather than mp3, since I like hi-fi sound. I use a DAC and Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

CD's are your friend then, for hi-fi digital. FLAC and ALAC are lossless, though they still are compressed. WAV is lossless and completely uncompressed. I still haven't ripped my CD's again for WAV, it's just a time consuming project, then I have to convert and make new files for my phone.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
CD's are your friend then, for hi-fi digital. FLAC and ALAC are lossless, though they still are compressed. WAV is lossless and completely uncompressed. I still haven't ripped my CD's again for WAV, it's just a time consuming project, then I have to convert and make new files for my phone.
I have ripped CDs to WAV and FLAC. However, I have Android, which plays those files.

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
For physical storage reasons I had to switch to digital. Plus the only CD player that actually works is my car's. Not the best, but anyway. I pay for my Spotify premium subscription and made peace with the world. I stream most of my music nowadays.