Anyone want to swap for a Blackberry Storm for a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

312#IM

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone...

First post on this site, but I contribute frequently on the sister site, Crackberry.com. I came over because I've been interested in the iPhone for a long time, but never bought it because of it being a GSM device. (AT&T and T-Mobile are the worst carriers, EVER.)

As time passes, I see more and more cool apps come out for the phone and I am definitely an AppWhore. While I love my Storm, I can't help to wonder if I'm missing out by not ever really using the iPhone and if having tons of useful apps outweighs the crappy network.

My phone is unlocked, and I currently use it on both Verizon and recently aquired a T-mobile account (not by choice). The Verizon network is as good as the commercials make it seem. Calls are pretty perfect, and I rarely have less than 2 bars. There are a couple of downsides of the phone. Aside from only a fraction of the available apps the iPhone has, running all of my apps makes the phone lag a little bit. There are a lot of upsides from the iPhone too; multi-tasking, MMS (although you can do that and video now I guess), landscape mode (maybe able to do that now too?), push email...I'm sure there are others too.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone would be up for swapping for a week. As I said, it's unlocked and will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, as well as any other GSM carrier. I'm running the latest .148 OS, and have a slew of apps including BeeJive's multi-protocol messenger. I'd be open to all generations, don't care about the color either. I'd prefer someone who I can meet up with in or around Chicago, but would be up for swapping out of state too if I couldn't find someone local. You can view my Crackberry Profile (Go to bit.ly/oOqFW) as well as a feedback thread (bit.ly/y3KGo) a buyer left for me. If you're seriously interested, PM me with your contact info and we can chat. I don't think I'll be able to respond via PM because this is only my first post.

Thanks for reading, and if anyone has any questions regarding the phone- let me know.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I could not help but laugh at your offer... I highly doubt anyone would be comfortable swapping a device with someone with a single post let alone it being a BlackBerry Storm... I don't know which is worse...

312#IM

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I could not help but laugh at your offer... I highly doubt anyone would be comfortable swapping a device with someone with a single post let alone it being a BlackBerry Storm... I don't know which is worse...

I couldn't help but laugh at your response and am having a rough time figuring out which part sounds more unintelligent- the part where you take a swipe a phone you probably have never used and will most likely out perform yours, or the part that implying if my post count was something like 100, someone would automatically feel more "comfortable".:rolleyes: Why do you think I left links to my Crackberry profile?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I couldn't help but laugh at your response and am having a rough time figuring out which part sounds more unintelligent- the part where you take a swipe a phone you probably have never used and will most likely out perform yours, or the part that implying if my post count was something like 100, someone would automatically feel more "comfortable".:rolleyes: Why do you think I left links to my Crackberry profile?

Actually I owned a Storm... and a Bold...but yeah the Storm is garbage.

I would normally never reply to a person who wants to "swap" phones for a week but it is such a odd request I could not pass it up. And if your Storm is such a great phone that "out performs" the iPhone why bother right? But we both know that is pure garbage to say that.

So what if you are on Crackberry. People here don't know you. Even if they did why would they swap phones with a stranger!? :rolleyes:

Trust me when I say this, no one here will want to swap phones for a week with you.

End of story.

***Here is some Storm love for you.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/not-iphone-other-gadgets/168341-storm-over.html

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/not-iphone-other-gadgets/168221-storm-getting-slammed.html

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/not-iphone-other-gadgets/166745-blackberry-storm-iphone-killer.html

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/not-...y-storm-no-match-apple-iphone-cnn-report.html

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Actually I owned a Storm... and a Bold...but yeah the Storm is garbage.

I would normally never reply to a person who wants to "swap" phones for a week but it is such a odd request I could not pass it up. And if your Storm is such a great phone that "out performs" the iPhone why bother right? But we both know that is pure garbage to say that.

So what if you are on Crackberry. People here don't know you. Even if they did why would they swap phones with a stranger!?

Yea no one will do this.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, real sly way to get rid of your storm :D

iPhone Owner: Hi, it's been a week, lets swap back. I miss my iPhone.
Storm Owner: Wrong number. (click)

312#IM

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
General Posting Guidelines
  • Respect others - Be courteous to other forum members... Be tolerant of those who disagree with your opinion and discuss differences in a constructive manner. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

I found someone to swap with, thanks for all of your VERY constructive posts everyone!

General Posting Guidelines
  • Make relevant, meaningful posts - Every post on TiPb should add some sort of value to the forum, whether through technical value or community value. Threads and posts that do not further the iPhone community will be locked or deleted at the discretion of the moderators.

You can lock now, haters. ;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I found someone to swap with, thanks for all of your VERY constructive posts everyone!

You can lock now, haters. ;)

All of the posts above yours added to your thread. Pretty much the message was to avoid a transaction like this....

Nobody made fun of your request. I simply raised a few questions for you. You yourself can not argue that it was a odd request. Again I don't know what you'd want with a device that is sub par to your Storm.

In any case - Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73