Iphone 3g spares needed, dropped mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernmonkey

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

As per post really, i'm in need of a screen for an iphone 3g. I dropped mine earlier and all that happens now is the phone powers up and displays a white screen with a couple of black lines down it so i'm guessing the lcd has gone, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

I'm in the UK and thought someone somewhere may have one laying about for sale?

TIA Neil

northernmonkey

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that Dooks, yes they are quite expensive. I'm also unsure as to weather it is just the lcd or the digitizer would have gone too, meaning it may be a better option to just buy the whole lot?

I'm hoping someone has experience with fixing these things?!

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully you can find someone who has some spare parts... Maybe you can contact apple and see what options you have with them.

balogny

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

As per post really, i'm in need of a screen for an iphone 3g. I dropped mine earlier and all that happens now is the phone powers up and displays a white screen with a couple of black lines down it so i'm guessing the lcd has gone, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

I'm in the UK and thought someone somewhere may have one laying about for sale?

TIA Neil

From what I have read, you need glass and digitilizer (all one part), as well as an lcd. I recommend buying oem apple parts. Check ebay. You are looking about 20-30 for glass and 80-100 for lcd.

You can install yourself.

You are looking at about 250 for parts and labour if somebody else does it.

Apple charges 199usd for non-warranty service replacement.

If you are not fixing yourself, go for apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2