So how much worse is Chrome than Safari for battery now? ...

speedmaster

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I remember reading many times over the last 2+ years about how hard Chrome is on a Mac laptop battery compared to Safari.

I haven't owned an Apple laptop in years so I didn't pay much attention. But both of my kids in college have MBPs, so I advised them to use Safari.

Though in the last 6 months I've read several articles claiming that Chrome has improved quite a bit in this regard.

And since I just bought a new 13.3" MBA, I'm curious again. So how do you find Chrome vs. Safari lately with respect to battery life on Sierra?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey, good morning.

I have two users here in my office with MBP's and I'll ask them if they are using Chrome and about battery life if they are.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My coworkers reported they are not really good seeing a difference in battery life between the two.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I recently made a purchase of a new MacBook and also decided to ONLY Safari on it. I had chrome on others over the years but the battery life on my Macbook is just insane!! I can not kill it. I actually just grab it and go and don't even bother with the charger. I am sure that will bite me in the butt at some point, but right now it is amazing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711