The last two updates to the OS has resulted in duplicates of all of my Contacts - the first time, to both my iCloud and Mac's list; the last, just my iCloud list.

Contacted Apple the first time and I shared my screen as they saw what what was going on. They were baffled, and their suggestion was to merge the duplicates - but the number I had made that really unattractive.

Just about got everything back to normal and another update. This time I did - to coin a recently refreshed turn of phrase - The Nuclear Option - fully deleted al my iCloud Contacts, and reinstalled them from an old backup. Yeah, a backup of a backup - go figure, Apple.
    I lost a few more recent numbers, but whad'dya gonna do?

Anyone else experience this 'bug' (as the Apple Tech described it)? Thoughts?
    04-09-2017 10:05 AM
    Are some of these Google contacts? Or were the duplicates also iCloud contacts? Did you try going to settings > iCloud > Toggle off contacts > choose "delete from my iPhone" > Toggle back on?
    I got a lot of duplicates when I tried to make all my contacts iCloud. Some were Google. I added a vCard of all contacts. Had to go through and delete duplicate contact cards as well as duplicate entries within the cards. LOL
    04-09-2017 10:24 AM
    Are some of these Google contacts? Or were the duplicates also iCloud contacts? Did you try going to settings > iCloud > Toggle off contacts > choose "delete from my iPhone" > Toggle back on?
    I got a lot of duplicates when I tried to make all my contacts iCloud. Some were Google. I added a vCard of all contacts. Had to go through and delete duplicate contact cards as well as duplicate entries within the cards. LOL
    Actually, very few were @google contact addresses. Seemed to be across the board.

I did not try and uninstall / reinstall my Contacts via my iPhone and see if that made a difference. Actually, this last time, there were no duplicates in either my phone or online iCloud access - only on the Mac, shown in the iCloud account.

Almost enough to consider pulling the plug on iCloud 'syncing' with Contacts and just manually insert those I want in both locations...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-09-2017 07:10 PM