What VPN app for macOS/iOS??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I've never really bothered looking into any VPN app whatsoever, but since VPN Unlimited is now on a discount (through iMore)... I'm beginning to wonder again.
I do use Bitdefender as my personal AV app, so at least I'm a little protected against viruses and stuff, but the idea that websites/Google can track my every move gives me the creeps.
(no criminal activities to hide whatsoever, but it's just the lack of privacy these days)

•*What I find very important, is that it doesn't slow down my speed too much... and that there is a server available in The Netherlands (where I live).

- Can any1 recommend me any good VPN app??
And what's your experience with VPN Unlimited or any other good one??

Last edited:

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I just took advantage of the VPN Unlimited deal yesterday. It's now installed on both my MacBook Pros, my Sony VAIO and my iPhone 6s. So far, so good. I feel more secure knowing I'm using a VPN, especially now that Congress is going ahead with killing Internet privacy.

I've also used Avast's SecureLine VPN, but not the paid version.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Tiger VPN, picked up on an earlier deal - albeit maybe not on iMore.

It works well, and I use the account and app on iOS and an Android device as well.

Meanwhile, if your VPN concerns are essentially just internet browsing based, there's the Opera browser, which now has a built-in VPN (supplied by Surf Easy, a Canadian company).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, if your VPN concerns are essentially just internet browsing based, there's the Opera browser, which now has a built-in VPN (supplied by Surf Easy, a Canadian company).

Just to give one example of the usefulness of the free Opera VPN app for iOS, I was traveling in the Caribbean recently. My sister, who was with us, was having trouble accessing her Verizon FIOS email account. It turns out that Verizon will not allow access outside of the US (weird, huh?), but using the Opera VPN iOS app (which is free) allowed her to make her exit point in the US, and she was then able to access her email.

I'm not sure that I would trust it for privacy/security, but it was useful for this purpose.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
just go for any you find, suits your budget! just make sure it is not keeping logs ! or having dns leak issues!
yeah 1 more thing, it should be based in USA, if you are in USA! :big-hug: