Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is already covered. I tried searching but my app would crash every time I searched.

Anyway, a few days back I got a pop up tab in safari claiming "a site you visited has infected your computer.. yada yada yada" I know this in not real but it keeps popping up every time i try to go to the next page on the site. It could be a forum or blog or shopping site. Whenever i hit next page this message pops up and i cannot move forward to the next page.

It does not automatically pop up when i open safari, just when i try to move forward.

I have tried many solutions i have found online, such as disabling java, removing the file from the website thru the activity monitor, but it still occurs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    12-07-2016 03:28 PM
    Jeez. That's frustrating.

I've not experienced anything like that (knock on wood) but I use CCleaner fairly regularly and that purges a lot of background cr*p.

I wonder too if you, in your solution hunt, you came across this? - How to Empty Cache in Safari for Mac OS X | OSXDaily

Or I might even try rolling back Safari via Time Machine to a date when it wasn't doing this - hopefully overwriting whatever pesky irritant got in.

I'm sure others will be able to offer the definitive answer...
    12-07-2016 04:01 PM
    Thank you! I will try those to see if they fix it.
    12-07-2016 08:04 PM