What Safari content blocker should I use??

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't use Adblock Plus. They sell ads now and let ads through if the company pays them

This is true, annoying. Added this instead of regular Adblock to my wife's account on my mac so our son can watch youtube in peace but the ads still kept coming through. Dumped that bs and added regular Adblock and no more ads.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do any of these adblockers collect your information for their own purposes ?

No. These newer ad blockers are not like the older ones. The old ones can do that, although most would not. The new type ad blockers will say "compatible with 5s and up". None below 5s. The old ad blockers are compatible with iPhones below the 5s.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use Wipr. I don't worry about Whitelisting. If a site blacklists content/ad blockers, I simply stop using visiting that website. I've come across a few news site and tech blogs that do that. I haven't felt the need to return to them since removing them from my favorites /shrug

Ric_D

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I use Wipr. I don't worry about Whitelisting. If a site blacklists content/ad blockers, I simply stop using visiting that website. I've come across a few news site and tech blogs that do that. I haven't felt the need to return to them since removing them from my favorites /shrug

My thoughts exactly. I use Wipr in Sierra and iOS. Definitely the fastest loading of all the blockers I tried.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW