I made the switch to OSX 1 year ago, and never had a single day regretting that decision.
    OSX (now macOS) is sooo much more stable than Windows ever have been, I'm really happy with it!
    So far for all of the apps I was using on Windows, macOS has a good alternative... so no need to look back anyway.

That is... until today.
    On Windows there is one app called 'Nero Wave Editor', that I have been using for ages, in order to edit my mp3 files in a simple way.
    I'm not an advanced editor, cut/paste is as far as my editing skills allow me, so this simple app had all I needed...
    Unfortunately I don't know any good replacement app for that??

Do you guys know any good macOS replacement app for New Wave Editor??
    Please keep it simple for an edit-noob (such as myself)
    11-02-2016 01:17 PM
    Audacity has worked for me on Mac...
    11-02-2016 03:25 PM
    +1 for Audacity
    11-22-2016 04:35 PM
    Audacity Free
    Adobe Audition paid with Adobe creative suite (monthly subscription)

maybe Garage band if it came with your Mac (it probably did)
    11-22-2016 05:01 PM
    I know you guys don't want to hear something like this, but
    mp3tag for windows!
    I have my virtual machine with windows installed only for this, because there's nothing as good in mac os, unfortunately
    11-24-2016 07:42 AM
    Audacity works for me. If you are not satisfied with Audacity, then I would recommend running a virtual Windows machine so you can run Nero Wave Editor, especially in a "unity" type mode which hides the Windows OS so the app appears to run as a Mac App. Hope this helps.
    11-24-2016 07:51 AM
    I've decided to install Windows in Boot Camp... and use Nero Wave Editor on there.
    I only use Windows for that 1 app, but it's ok!
    11-24-2016 11:57 AM
    I've never had an issue with Audacity, and for something more involved GarageBand. They both have the audacity to be FREE........ lol
    11-26-2016 11:13 PM
    I've never had an issue with Audacity, and for something more involved GarageBand. They both have the audacity to be FREE........ lol
    Garageband is an absolutely terrible Wave Editor, and Audacity - while free - does not perform well and is extremely quirky.

Steinberg WaveLaps Essentials is really good, and is available for macOS. It's not Free, but you get what you pay for.

On Windows, Sound Forge Audio Studio works incredibly well, as well.
    12-31-2016 05:10 AM
    I use Adobe Audition for all my editing.
    12-31-2016 08:38 AM
    I know you guys don't want to hear something like this, but
    mp3tag for windows!
    I have my virtual machine with windows installed only for this, because there's nothing as good in mac os, unfortunately
    Not quite

Although a Windows program, Mp3 tag is not native Mac, but can easily be downloaded "for" Mac Mp3tag - macOS Download

Alternatively, u could use Music Brainz Piccard.: https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

Audacity is my favorite music editor.
    01-08-2017 08:27 AM
    Garageband is an absolutely terrible Wave Editor, and Audacity - while free - does not perform well and is extremely quirky.

Steinberg WaveLaps Essentials is really good, and is available for macOS. It's not Free, but you get what you pay for.

On Windows, Sound Forge Audio Studio works incredibly well, as well.
    I haven't used Sound Forge in at least 10 years. I'm pretty sure it's much different than I last remember. Another free but decent option, ocenaudio. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it has now replaced Audacity as my go-to editor.
    01-18-2017 07:38 PM