Siri getting dates wrong on Mac

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with Siri on my MacBook Pro. She is working fine in every aspect except she is getting the dates of people's birthdays wrong.

When I ask her when someone's birthday is she always replies with a date that is one day earlier, despite the information on the contact card saying otherwise.

When I ask her the same question on my iPhone or iPad, she replies with the correct date, this issue is just happening on my MacBook Pro. I've doubled checked the time and date settings on the MacBook Pro and everything seems to be fine.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening? Thank you.

Siri_Issue.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with Siri on my MacBook Pro. She is working fine in every aspect except she is getting the dates of people's birthdays wrong.

When I ask her when someone's birthday is she always replies with a date that is one day earlier, despite the information on the contact card saying otherwise.

When I ask her the same question on my iPhone or iPad, she replies with the correct date, this issue is just happening on my MacBook Pro. I've doubled checked the time and date settings on the MacBook Pro and everything seems to be fine.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this might be happening? Thank you.

View attachment 112608

Well, that's odd. Do you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) that you can test? Do you have the same problem there or is it localized to your MacBook Pro?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
After checking some online sources it seems like you're definitely not the only one having this issue. My guess is that it's simply a little system bug and that it will be patched in a future macOS release.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2