Safari 10 is a huge improvement, for me, but is their any any consensus as to which Browser is the Fastest (page load) for Mac OS? Would love some feedback. Could not find up to date benchmarks?
    TIA-Jayzen
    09-29-2016 11:06 AM
    Probably Safari, because it comes in with the OS. Chrome just updated their javascript engine to achieve faster performance but i'm unsure what that performance look like on respective Operating Systems
    Jayzen likes this.
    11-23-2016 10:13 AM
    Safari is excellent. Chrome was always fast for me but it sucked the hell out of my battery anytime I used it so I stopped and never looked back. I'm sure that issue has been fixed but I am perfectly fine and have no complaints with Safari.
    Jayzen likes this.
    11-23-2016 11:48 AM
    Safari. It's optimized for macOS, just like how it is for iOS.
    Jayzen and njlx2016 like this.
    11-23-2016 07:29 PM
    Chrome is an excellent Browser however it uses a lot of resources (like Ram) but as a Christmas present this year supposedly Google is going to redesign it and it will use less resources.
    toneofark likes this.
    11-24-2016 02:24 PM
    I find on older hardware running macOS Sierra, that Chrome is significantly faster. On newer hardware, they're about the same, just prefer using Safari for the cloud features.
    11-28-2016 09:33 PM
    I tend to go back and forth between Safari and Chrome. I haven't made a decision yet on which will be my default.
    11-29-2016 07:21 AM
    I tend to go back and forth between Safari and Chrome. I haven't made a decision yet on which will be my default.
    Yeah, me too.

Is Safari faster? Perhaps, but my life is not measured in nanoseconds. Both offer cross-platform sync'ing, while I still have a few Extensions I use on a regular basis on Chrome that Safari has no equivalent. Given Ive's visual tweaking of MacOS, I'm surprised that Safari, visually, still lives not far off early, early OSX - and while I know that's just frou-frou (I don't do Themes on Chrome), its a visual Q thing. Safari just isn't all that attractive.
    toneofark likes this.
    11-29-2016 08:19 AM
    Yeah, me too.

Is Safari faster? Perhaps, but my life is not measured in nanoseconds. Both offer cross-platform sync'ing, while I still have a few Extensions I use on a regular basis on Chrome that Safari has no equivalent. Given Ive's visual tweaking of MacOS, I'm surprised that Safari, visually, still lives not far off early, early OSX - and while I know that's just frou-frou (I don't do Themes on Chrome), its a visual Q thing. Safari just isn't all that attractive.
    I'll admit that I've used the Mac OS X Simple theme for Chrome, but it wasn't worth keeping.
    11-29-2016 08:37 AM
    definately safari....
    11-30-2016 04:53 AM
    Definetely the Safari is the best over the other browsers including Chrome.
    12-05-2016 10:45 PM
    Google was saying that about Chrome this fall Makes one wonder if the resourse (Ram hit is massive imho) is just so much smoke & mirrors. Here's hoping it is not.
    12-11-2016 04:43 AM
    I miss Netscape's Communicator Suite...BTW I concur with this iteration of Safari/Mac OS it has put it in the lead page load wise. Chrome remains a memory hog for my usage.
    J
    12-11-2016 04:50 AM
    Any default browser, is gonna be the "choice" because only the company who makes it will works best with the OS.. I still gotta try Safari, because i think it's Firefox that is causing fans to spin..
    01-13-2017 05:02 AM
    As someone who frequently switches between Chrome / Firefox / Edge on Windows machines, I don't miss any of those browsers when I use my Mac. Safari all the way.
    01-24-2017 09:30 PM
    I've found Chrome was much faster for my uses, but I dumped it bc it was keeping Bitdefender very busy, and it would stop and drop fairly often. I'm taking online courses, so that was unacceptable. More stability would be nice; Safari has never locked up on me. I have since installed an SSD, so now speed isn't an issue for me anyhow. Gotta have Keychain, too.
    01-30-2017 02:41 PM
    For me, Chrome demands more system resources than Safari… but it's only because I'm a Chrome extension-*****.

Mother of god...I just counted. I have 136 extensions & apps in my default Chrome profile. Only about 10-25 are enabled at any given time (the rest are disabled). I'm a disgusting hoarder, I know.

If Safari had a decent extension ecosystem like Chrome, I'd use Safari for sure.

This obviously results in slower performance than Safari… but I'm not pulling my hair out or anything. The costs outweigh the benefits, for me at least.
    03-01-2017 07:37 PM