What browser privacy add-ons are the best??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I think this is a subject many people are not sure about... since there are so many different add-ons out there, that all claim to block ads and other browsing threats.

Anyway, I could use some advice on what add-on to install into my Safari browser.

- In the past I used Ghostery, right now I'm ONLY using AdBlock Plus... which 'seems' to do the job for me.
But... lately I came across Disconnect.me and it sounds promising.

Can you guys give my your opinion on what privacy add-on would be a good choice for the Safari browser??
It should be strong enough to block most security threats (hidden viruses within adds and such), and to block out those annoying adds that many websites have.
But it should still be relatively easy to configure.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jayzen

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I find AdGuard Ad blocker is a must have on any OS/Browser ( it also runs on Safari 10's new API content blocking API) so that mean no hit on your resources. Trying out Ka-Block. 1 Blocker Is good. uBlock Origin & flag fox are Both desperate must haves for Safari as I find Adblock plus way to much of a system hog. uBlock (found on every other Browser...well save Edge but what Mac user is using that anyhow?).
Hope that helped a tad.
Jayden

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
As far as AdBlock Plus goes... I have no experience with any others, so I can't really judge on it being a resource hog.
(may I ask, how did you measure this??)

As for the others;
- Adguard
- Ka-Block!
- 1Blocker
- uBlock
- Flagfox

* I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but do you mean you use ALL those mentioned browser add-ons??
And wouldn't that be a huge resource hog all together??

** And how would you rate each of them, going from best to less good??

Last edited:

Jayzen

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I based my statement on Adblock plus from a number of resources you can easily google. Plus the the difference in page load when using just ABP & just uBlock Origin. Big difference!! Plus uBlock Origin is a more thourough pre roll all purpose Adblocker. Anyhow this is redundant as Safari still doesn't have it. Nor Flag Fox.
I only use Adguard, Onepass On Safari. As I said I am looking at Ka-Block currently. That'it. 2 extensions on Safari always. Testing a Third.
Rating wise:
ABP 3.6 out of 5.
Adguard 5
Last Pass 4.5.
UBlock and flag Fox on Mozilla & Chrome both get a huge 5.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, well since I'm using Safari... that means I can already forget about uBlock! and Flagfox.

- So you recommend me to start using Adguard and try out Ka-Block!?
Onepass... I assume you mean LastPass?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods