No update

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Usually 10am Pacific Time on the release day in North America.

[EDIT: Though sometimes 1pm Pacific Time, depending on their whims, I suppose]

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I can download it in the categories or featured sections but it does not appear in the updates. Why is that. (I have an iMac that was bought earlier this year

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can download it in the categories or featured sections but it does not appear in the updates. Why is that. (I have an iMac that was bought earlier this year

Sierra is not going to show up under updates because there's nothing to update. macOS Sierra is not considered an update to OSX, it's a completely different operating system.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Sierra is not going to show up under updates because there's nothing to update. macOS Sierra is not considered an update to OSX, it's a completely different operating system.

Oh right, I had forgotten that - as least as spun by Apple PR.

I'd argue that it is hardly a 'completely different operating system' (unlike the big move from the original 'Classic' MacOS to OSX). Its still just an upgrade (even Apple calls it this on its own site -https://www.apple.com/ca/macos/sierra/), albeit one that may prep things for their new Apple File System - across all their OSs - but not out until next year. Changing the name of the OS does not change that.

Mostly, its just another update with the usual crop of bells, whistles and security updates. Nothing Insanely Great or One More Thing. Should'a been in the Updates section of the App Store for applicable Macs.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh right, I had forgotten that - as least as spun by Apple PR.

I'd argue that it is hardly a 'completely different operating system' (unlike the big move from the original 'Classic' MacOS to OSX). Its still just an upgrade (even Apple calls it this on its own site -https://www.apple.com/ca/macos/sierra/), albeit one that may prep things for their new Apple File System - across all their OSs - but not out until next year. Changing the name of the OS does not change that.

Mostly, its just another update with the usual crop of bells, whistles and security updates. Nothing Insanely Great or One More Thing. Should'a been in the Updates section of the App Store for applicable Macs.

Oh yeah it's complete spin. It's just the way they've always done major OS releases, with incremental updates available in the Updates tab.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah it's complete spin. It's just the way they've always done major OS releases, with incremental updates available in the Updates tab.

Meanwhile - weirdly - having installed it, it is not showing up here in the installed Updates list, nor in the Purchased listing (where past 'major' updates are still listed). Hiccup or sloppy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox