Mail won't open

Manqueman

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Installed the Sierra GM, Mail worked fine.

After first restart, it would hang on the Upgrade window. For reasons too lengthy to go into, I moved the Mail Data folder to the Desktop. Now it hangs on importing messages. Note that one of the users never deletes mail, so that moderately active mailbox has at least over two years' mail, probably many years more.

So now what?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What would happen if you moved the mail data folder back to its original location? Have you tried reconfiguring the email account(s)?

Manqueman

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Quit Mail, moved Mail Data back from Desktop to where I found it, reopened mMail and I get Mail Upgrade.

What's weird is that Mail was fine after the installation restart.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Quit Mail, moved Mail Data back from Desktop to where I found it, reopened mMail and I get Mail Upgrade.

What's weird is that Mail was fine after the installation restart.
Is there a description of the Mail upgrade? I mean, is it an app upgrade or a mail service upgrade, i.e., additional storage capacity, etc.)

Manqueman

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
It's a window that opens on opening Mail. The main window can't/won't open. It hangs. It also has two buttons, Quit and Continue, which are grayed out.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a window that opens on opening Mail. The main window can't/won't open. It hangs. It also has two buttons, Quit and Continue, which are grayed out.

If you haven't already, try rebooting the computer and then re-initiate the Mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR