So I need a new laptop. I've been a windows user forever but want to make the switch. I need a laptop for taking notes and writing papers in my MBA classes, as well as keeping the books for a local daycare. I'd also like to be able to connect to network storage on my local network for file sharing. I really like the portability and size of the macbook, but I'm worried I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I don't spring for the newest MacBook pro (no touchbar), since it's newer. I've also considered refurbished macbooks. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    12-20-2016 11:27 AM
    Well you are wise to go with the newest if you are planning on getting several years use out of it. Besides this time of year it is hard to find refurbs available. I would suggest going with the MacBook Pro without the touch bar. I would suggest something like this MBP for your needs. The only reason I suggest this rather than the starter model is this gives you a bigger SSD for storage. It will more than handle what you throw at it and will last you several years.

Hope this info helps you!
    RobertP1 likes this.
    12-20-2016 04:46 PM
    That's great! Thank you for your input!
    12-21-2016 06:51 AM