2015 MacBook v 2016 MacBook, worth a $300 difference?

I

iMore Question

Good Evening All,

I currently have an early 2015 MacBook Pro. I use it a medium amount, not a huge amount but also not so little that it becomes a paper weight. Most of my browsing is actually performed on my iPad Pro, but I recently got a new a job that will have high amounts of travel. I need something light, but I can do work on. As much as Apple want to make me believe that the iPad Pro (9.7") can be a laptop replacement, it just simply can't.

Now, with this new job I could use the MBP as my daily driver and the battery life in it is just amazing, but (and this is kind of a big but) it is large and quite heavy. It cannot come close to fitting in my sling bag that I use when I am going to be running around a lot and don't want to be weighed down. That being said, I purchased the 2015 MacBook yesterday at Best Buy as they were on "sale" for $300.00 off. But...they weren't really on sale, they were just clearing inventory of the 2015 models.

I like the MacBook and the single port isn't a big problem for me as I truly don't use USB that often. But, I was thinking about my purchase from Best Buy and I'm debating is the $300 difference worth the difference in processor, graphics (yes it's integrated, but the Intel 515 is quite a bit better than the 5300, and some light gaming would be nice while on the road), and a smidge higher battery life. For those that have it, is it worth the price difference?

I have 14 days to make a final decision on if I should return it and get the 2016 edition instead, but I want some feedback form the community on this. As the $300 was a good ~25% off .

Thought and opinions?

(And yes, I know could get a PC with great specs as well for the price of the MacBook, such as the Zenbook 3 and the XPS 13, but I needed something that was this size or smaller and I love OS X.)

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I see nobody replied to your thread, and I also see that you're past your return window time. What did you end up doing? Sticking with the 2015 model or springing for the 2016? Personally, I would spend the extra $300 and get the 2016 model only to have the slightly better graphics. Just going to last a little bit longer down the road.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner