My Macbook has had connection (internet) problems with el capitan. How do I fix this?

I

iMore Question

my macbook has had connection (internet) problems with el capitan. how do i fix this?

My macbook crashed in November 2015. It was serviced and the tech installed el capitan. Since then the mac often does not complete or stops connecting to a new website. I have to turn wifi to off then to on again to get it to work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: my macbook has had connection (internet) problems with el capitan. how do i fix this?

I doubt that El Capitan is the problem, but I can't say for certain. You can try reinstalling El Capitan or downgrade back to the version you had prior to the tech upgrading the OS X version and then see if that helps.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I have to agree that El Capitan is not the problem. One other suggestion would be to go into you Network Preferences, click on the Advanced button. When the new window opens, click on any other networks and remove them with the minus sign. Do the same for your network connection. Make sure you have "Remember networks this computer has joined" checked as well. You will lose your connection temporarily. Go up to your Menu Bar where the Wi-Fi signal is showing and click on it. Join back up to your own network. This should only allow you to connect to your network from here on in. I have posted images to show you what mine looks like.

I have seen this work for other people and solve the issue of disconnecting. My only other suggestion would be to reset your modem & router to new, then setting up the network again or going with Just_Me_D's suggestion.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 10.19.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 10.30.23 AM.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner