Tips On Speeding Up MacBook Please!!
I have a mid-2010 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.5. It is 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB memory.
The Mac has a lot of junk in the storage that probably can be deleted. I believe I have the original OS X and applications.
Any tips on how to speed this computer up as it is very slow would be great!
- 02-07-2016, 11:11 AM #2
- 02-07-2016, 01:12 PM #3
- 02-07-2016, 03:08 PM #4
- 4,182 Posts
Re: Tips On Speeding Up MacBook Please!!
Welcome to iMore. I have a 2010 exactly like yours, that my wife uses. She was having issues with speed a couple years ago. What I did to speed it up was bump the RAM to 8GB and put in a 512GB SSD. Made the computer like new for her. Since the upgrades she has said that there has never been any issues with speed and loves her new computer.
- By iMore Question in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2016, 09:59 AM
- By Flint_6 in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2016, 09:33 AM
- By brendan2511 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2016, 08:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2016, 08:39 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2016, 06:14 AM