How do I turn the camera off on my Macbook?
I would like to permanently disable the camera on my Macbook, how can I do this?
- 01-10-2016, 07:47 AM #2
- 01-10-2016, 07:59 AM #3
- 7,781 Posts
Re: How do I turn the camera off on my Macbook?
1. Open System Preferences
2. Select Parental Controls
3. Decide whether to enable Parental Controls for your existing user profile or set up a new one.
4. Under the Apps tab, deselect "allow use of camera"
It's cumbersome but it works. Another way is to physically cover the camera up. If you're worried about damaging your MacBook with adhesive (as I would be) you can purchase camera covers online. I found this one by conducting a quick Amazon search: http://www.amazon.com/WebCamera-Cove...mUvbUpU2679372
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 10Last Post: 01-14-2016, 10:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBookReplies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2016, 08:18 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2016, 05:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2016, 12:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2016, 12:09 PM