Help! My macbook won't turn on!

Jocelynn Sanz

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, my pc was doing fine. My browser open with tumblr and skype going at the time but then I open iTunes, click on a song i have played before. I mean random song in my playlist and it plays fine but in the mid of it my computer starts lagging a lot.

First itunes, then chrome, then skype and then it completely freezes. So I cannot click on anything nor move the cursor and then the fan starts working like mad, and it heats up. So i shut it down instantly in fear it burns or messes up something.

I try rebooting it, it logs on and stuff but when i reach my desktop. I cannot click on anything cuz it freezes again in the same way and i shut it down again and it starts there to do the same black screen again and again.

I turn on the computer and it asks my password, no big deal. It starts loading after that but the progress bar does not reach half when it stops and boom goes gray/white. After like i dont know 10-20 mins?

But then this another progress bar appears instead, with the apple logo. It does not move at all and it delays like 10 more mins then the screen turns black and all I can see is the cursor.

No bars nothing at all just the cursor which i can freely move yet nothing to click and after that it does absolutely nothing. No sound no noise nothing loading etc.

I tried the ram reset, I've tried the sleeping thing too, the safe mode, the thing of typing first letter of user and password too, I've tried the single user mode.

Thought it had rebooted itself. It showed the login screen after the black one and boom it shut itself down. For a moment it wasn't even turning on. I pressed the power button and it started again but the same thing as before is still happening.

I can say this is the very first time in like idk 5 or 6 years ive had this computer with me that it does something like this.

Does anyone have this same problem, or know what I can do about this before deciding to take it to the repair shop?

Artiste212

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of things to try. First is to boot into recovery mode by holding down Cmd-R during the gong and letting up when you see the Apple symbol. If this works, use Disk Utility to check and repair the hard drive. If you can't boot into the recovery partition, try booting from an optical drive or external hard drive by holding down Option while booting.

Most likely, this is your hard drive failing, but second would be a ram or mother board problem. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner