What Mac should I buy as a freelance designer
I'm a freelance web developer and designer but I spend most of my day working on designs in photoshop. I've recently transition from a full time job to full time freelancing and I think I need to update my 2008 MacBook to something more up to speed. I'm looking to hear from other freelancers on what machines they like and think work best.
I have a 2008 13" macbook and a duel monitor set up. The Mac's I'm looking at are:
MacBook Pro 13" with a 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
MackBook Pro 15" with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Are there any designer out there using these model what are some pros-cons? Or would anyone suggest looking in to used MacBook and MacBook Pros? It was also suggested to me to just by a solid sate drive for my current mac, good or bad idea? At this point in my career I think it still makes sense for me to be working off a laptop, but if someone has an idea to the contrary I'm open to feedback.
- 04-01-2015, 03:52 PM #2
- 04-01-2015, 08:38 PM #3iMore Elite
- 2,761 Posts
Re: What Mac should I buy as a freelance designer
I want a Mac for video editing and music sequencing and I am going for a MBP Retina 13" (once I've saved the cash) as the screen on that is just amazing. The 15" MBP are a little dated now, in my opinion.
Personally, I would suggest upgrading the CPU and the RAM to 16Gb for your purposes, if you are going to be doing heavy work. The base specs are still hugely powerful though.
- 04-01-2015, 09:23 PM #4
- 08-06-2015, 01:01 AM #5
- 10-04-2015, 04:15 PM #6
- By worldspy99 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 04-02-2015, 12:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2015, 01:24 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-01-2015, 11:40 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2015, 07:18 AM