What Mac should I buy as a freelance designer?

I

iMore Question

What Mac should I buy as a freelance designer

I'm a freelance web developer and designer but I spend most of my day working on designs in photoshop. I've recently transition from a full time job to full time freelancing and I think I need to update my 2008 MacBook to something more up to speed. I'm looking to hear from other freelancers on what machines they like and think work best.

I have a 2008 13" macbook and a duel monitor set up. The Mac's I'm looking at are:
MacBook Pro 13" with a 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
OR
MackBook Pro 15" with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Are there any designer out there using these model what are some pros-cons? Or would anyone suggest looking in to used MacBook and MacBook Pros? It was also suggested to me to just by a solid sate drive for my current mac, good or bad idea? At this point in my career I think it still makes sense for me to be working off a laptop, but if someone has an idea to the contrary I'm open to feedback.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: What Mac should I buy as a freelance designer

Buy whatever has the best specs your budget allows.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I want a Mac for video editing and music sequencing and I am going for a MBP Retina 13" (once I've saved the cash) as the screen on that is just amazing. The 15" MBP are a little dated now, in my opinion.

Personally, I would suggest upgrading the CPU and the RAM to 16Gb for your purposes, if you are going to be doing heavy work. The base specs are still hugely powerful though.

majiklantrn

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Thoughts on the rMB for some development work? Nothing huge. The size and weight is perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods