Are MacBooks worth the money?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a MB Air 11. I'm very happy with it. I have it hooked up to a 2TB drive with my 148 gig iTunes library of music and movies streaming to a Apple TV.
The joint is nice. The screen is butter. Dont need Retina. I don't do major photo or video editing.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I guess you already got your answers but yes it is worth it. For the reliability and customer service alone from apple it is worth every penny. Ive had a 2012 macbook pro for school then upgrade to the retina this summer. I will never go back to Windows and it's just a huge relief that if your computer crashes you can walk in and get it serviced relatively quickly. For anyone contemplating it, if you have the money go for it you won't regret it.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
In my experience(owning and family owning many windows laptops, mp3 players not iPods, non-Apple routers and storage devices), I find any Apple product very much worth it. My 2012 laptop still works beautifully. My airport is still going after years, my iPod classic from 200-something is still working for freak sake. Upgrading because you want to rather than need to is a big tell about the quality of Apple products. I don't agree with a lot of decisions that Apple has made with the non-expandable internals of MacBooks but it doesn't sound like you need to worry about it. So in my opinion and experience, yes!

seangprice

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've tried both platforms/ecosystems extenesivley to include a MacBook Pro, iPad mini and a iPhone 6 on the Apple side and a Surface RT, Surface Pro 3 and a Lumia 925 on the MS side, both are good ways to go. I ultimately chose to stick with Apple since I invested the most in my MacBook pro and extensive iTunes library which never meshed well with the MS mobile products. The Surface Pro 3s are excellent devices, extremely functional while traveling and portability. I would however wait a few months, I'm under the impression that MS will release a mid cycle upgrade to the SP3 line much like they did with the SP2. Either way you go enjoy your new toy.

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought an early 2014 13" 128gb MBA in June and I love it. I also bought an external SD 64gb card to store all my music and movies to not use the internal memory and its working perfectly smooth. I also use mine for the same functions as yours OP and I have 0 complaints. I got mine at Best Buy for $750 using a student discount coupon in top of their on sale price at that time.

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 6+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox