What Macbook should I get?

Silverman_1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am in the market for a new laptop and I am thinking of going for my first macbook.

I will be mainly using it for web browsing, facebook, watching movies and tv shows and also for college work such as typing up assignments and researching.

I also would like to know is a Macbook worth the extra price compared to windows laptops?

Any advice on which Macbook to buy would be much appreciated.

Silverman_1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I am swaying towards the Macbook air.
The only other option would be the Macbook Pro with retina and I don't think the Retina would be worth the extra money especially when I won't be doing much strenuous work.
Is the Macbook air any good for watching movies etc?

Thanks

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Air for sure. It will suit your needs. Want a bit more performance think about upgrading the RAM and processor. I would definitely suggest dropping the i7 in it for $150.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mac run with no issues, I've never known anyone to get a virus from downloads or websites. We get software updates yearly and they're $20 to free (last year it was free). I've had my MacBook Pro since 2009 and I have no issues other than my hard drive connection cord is loose. I've had my iMac for 3 years with no problem. The air would be great for everything that you mentioned.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
MacBook Air. If you're on a budget, I'd look at a Certified Refurbished one from Apple. You can get a refurb 13" Air for around $800... Comes with the same warranty as new, and is eligible for the AppleCare+ extended coverage plan, just like a new one.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
For what you're looking for, I agree, a Macbook Air is all you need. I am currently using a Retina Macbook Pro 13", but my brother has a Macbook Air that gets rented to him from his school, he uses it all the time for exactly the things you're looking to use it for. He has had zero issues with it, it does all of it with ease.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro