- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Cannot install Mavericks
I am trying to install Mavericks on an Aluminum MacBook 5,1. It was built supposedly early 2009. It has 4 GB of RAM. It is now running Snow Leopard.
I have read the specs for Mavericks and Mountain Lion from different sites.
This laptop should be support either operating system according to what I read.
I keep getting an error message when I start to install, that Mavericks cannot be installed on this device. I do not want to buy Mountain Lion, if it will give the same message. The specs for Mountain Lion are the same as Mavericks.
So what am I missing in the specs or the install that is stopping the install?
Thanks in advance.
- 01-30-2014, 10:27 AM #2
Re: Cannot install Mavericks
If you have Snow Leopard v10.6.8 then you should be able to upgrade.
Upgrading from OS X Snow Leopard
If you’re running Snow Leopard (10.6.x), update to the latest version of Snow Leopard before you download OS X Mavericks from the Mac App Store. Click the Apple icon and choose Software Update to install OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the latest version.
Source: Apple - Upgrade your Mac to OS*X*Mavericks.
- 07-14-2014, 07:56 AM #3
- By M.Rizk in forum MacBook ProReplies: 11Last Post: 02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 01-29-2014, 07:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2014, 03:50 PM