Cannot install Mavericks

grandpa06

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to install Mavericks on an Aluminum MacBook 5,1. It was built supposedly early 2009. It has 4 GB of RAM. It is now running Snow Leopard.
I have read the specs for Mavericks and Mountain Lion from different sites.
This laptop should be support either operating system according to what I read.
I keep getting an error message when I start to install, that Mavericks cannot be installed on this device. I do not want to buy Mountain Lion, if it will give the same message. The specs for Mountain Lion are the same as Mavericks.
So what am I missing in the specs or the install that is stopping the install?
Thanks in advance.
Don

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have Snow Leopard v10.6.8 then you should be able to upgrade.

[h=4]Upgrading from OS X Snow Leopard[/h]If you’re running Snow Leopard (10.6.x), update to the latest version of Snow Leopard before you download OS X Mavericks from the Mac App Store. Click the Apple icon and choose Software Update to install OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the latest version.

Source: Apple - Upgrade your Mac to OS?X?Mavericks.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to install Mavericks on an Aluminum MacBook 5,1. It was built supposedly early 2009. It has 4 GB of RAM. It is now running Snow Leopard.
I have read the specs for Mavericks and Mountain Lion from different sites.
This laptop should be support either operating system according to what I read.
I keep getting an error message when I start to install, that Mavericks cannot be installed on this device. I do not want to buy Mountain Lion, if it will give the same message. The specs for Mountain Lion are the same as Mavericks.
So what am I missing in the specs or the install that is stopping the install?
Thanks in advance.
Don

If you're having trouble installing OS X Mavericks, you can always go to the Apple Store and have them install it for you... It may be easier that way. What exactly happens when you try to install Mavericks?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2