Battle of the 13-inch MacBooks: Which one wins?: Via iMore Blog

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This one's a bit tricky. An argument can be made that if you don't intent to listen to or rip CDs or watch and rip DVDs then the MacBook Air should suffice. After owning my Macbook for the past 4 years, I've rarely watched DVDs or listened to and ripped CDs so I would more than likely get the MacBook Air on my next Mac-related purchase.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since my next purchase whenever that is would be my first MacBook I am inclined to go with just the MacBook 13" 500GB which would be fine for my needs.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since my next purchase whenever that is would be my first MacBook I am inclined to go with just the MacBook 13" 500GB which would be fine for my needs.

The model you reference is more than sufficient, in my opinion...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The model you reference is more than sufficient, in my opinion...:)
For what I mentioned I want to use it for when I started the thread about starting to look it would be plenty for me and a side by side comparrison between the MacBook vs Retina while yes there is a difference but just not for my needs as a secondary computer.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For what I mentioned I want to use it for when I started the thread about starting to look it would be plenty for me and a side by side comparrison between the MacBook vs Retina while yes there is a difference but just not for my needs as a secondary computer.

I agree...:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When I got my first Mac I got the Air for the portability. Nothing beats it for being thing and light. Unfortunately, it doesn't have enough space for much, so I went to the MBP with a 1TB hard drive. I don't need retina, since I don't see the difference.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73