First Time Mac User

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
After debating with myself for a few months, I finally gave in and bought a new MacBook Pro 2016 today. So far I'm really liking it. However, I have only used Windows up until this point--haven't even used someone else's Mac before this. Do you guys have any tips that might be useful in getting started? Even if it seems like basic knowledge, it's not basic to me! How about accessories, anything that you recommend?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't compare the way you do things on your MacBook Pro to how things are done in Windows. It'll take a little time to adjust, but once you've adjusted, it'll all make sense.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys have any tips that might be useful in getting started? Even if it seems like basic knowledge, it's not basic to me!

I'm sure you will find there are a lot of things that much quicker to do. For example,

if you want access to all your installed Apps, on your trackpad just use your thumb and 3 fingers and bring them together in a pinch motion. To leave the screen, just do the opposite. Start with all fingers together and spread them across the trackpad :)

Another nice thing is, instead of going "alt tab" to move between apps, you can now use 'CMD + Tab' OR just use you four fingers and swipe from the bottom of the trackpad up to the top. This will put all open applications together in a neat arraignment.

Best advice would be to slowly but surly watch some youtube videos on specific things you want to do and I'm sure in no time would feel at home.

Congratulations on your purchase!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods