Should I get the 2016 MacBook Pro 15-inch with Touch Bar now or wait?

stan1028

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It's been about 6 months since the MacBook Pro 2016 was released. However, there's WWDC coming up in June.

Should I wait for the next model or get the current 2016 model?

I currently own a MacBook Pro 13-inch Late 2011 and would like to retire it as it has been working hard these 5 years.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

There IS talk of a new chipset coming BUT we just don't know. IF you can afford it, I think you would be satisfied with a 2016. If you are waiting for something better then you will NEVER buy because there will ALWAYS be something better in development. That being said there IS a new Intel chip waiting in the wings that will likely be in the next refresh. :)

stan1028

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
re:

There IS talk of a new chipset coming BUT we just don't know. IF you can afford it, I think you would be satisfied with a 2016. If you are waiting for something better then you will NEVER buy because there will ALWAYS be something better in development. That being said there IS a new Intel chip waiting in the wings that will likely be in the next refresh. :)

Yeah, heard that the new chipset that was launched sometime earlier this year.

Wondering if Apple would have enough timeframe to launch it at WWDC17?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
re:

More likely update candidates are the MacBook, iMac and Mac Mini, and outside chance Mac Pro. Mac Book Pro is about at what is called "mid cycle" it will likely get it's update closer to a fall time frame either WITH or just after the new iPhones.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

@stan1028, I would say wait.

The reason being, this is the first version of the new design. Sometimes with a refresh, Apple fix a couple minor bugs. There were some minor issues with battery life. Apple even removed the 'time remaining' icon.

The refresh version should be a little more 'stable'. The only reason I'm being cautious here is because you seem to keep your laptop for 5 years :)

With all that being said, I'm sure if you purchase the 2016 version it will be absolutely fine and I'm sure you will love it. I'm personally just cautious about purchasing brand new things. :)

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BTW, I turned off Q&A on this thread I don't think it's possible to give a 100% definitive answer here it's just too subjective! THAT being said it IS a great topic!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW