Imagining the NEXT MacBook Pro

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
2017 is well and truly here... in fact, WWDC will be here before we know it.

That said, the new MacBook Pro from 2016 was a huge bust for some. As we look forward, I can't help but wonder what the 'dream specs' for an updated MacBook Pro would be?

You done with dongles? TouchBar a bust or a big win for you? What do you think?

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
As Apple seem keen for us all to replace our laptops with iPad Pro's I want them to release a real Pro Laptop. 17 inch 4k screen and less dongles. The TB's the start of something special, no need for that to go anywhere imo.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
For me, Apple has done a lot of things right and not that much wrong but there are a couple things i think need improving. Apple only seems to change the design of their laptops every 4 years. So, I'm not expecting any new ports for the 2017 model refresh. I like the current design so I'm happy with it staying the same :)

The first thing i would like to see is a larger battery. On the 13" model from 2015 we had a 75WR battery and now its dropped to 49WR for the 2016 model. I don't mind the laptop being a tad thicker if i can get more juice out of it.

The next thing i would like to see is a upgraded web cam. Don't get me wrong the current 720p does get the job done and it looks fine. It just seems a little out of place on the spec sheet. We have a QHD screen, ludicrous flash storage speed, USB-C connectors, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, touch bar interaction but then a 720p web cam? Would like to see a 1080p 5mp web cam on the 2017 refresh :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2