Which dongles do you have?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh, the dongle life! :)

For any current MacBook Pro owners out there (with TouchBar), what dongles do you have and use on a daily basis? And is the fact you need to use dongles a giant you-know-what in your opinion?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Honestly I've only bought one. A usb c to USB adapter. I only bought it to sync my iPhone with my computer and for backups of my hard drive. With iCloud I've only needed to back up my iPhone once recently. To be honest, until I saw this I forgot I hadn't set up my portable hard drive for backups yet. Oops. The adapter (I hate the word dongle) sat in the box unopened for months until I backed up my 7 Plus before trading it in on Sunday. Now that I've moved back to Android at least temporarily I need to get something to connect my micro sd cards to transfer between my S8+ and MBP.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the Apple USB-C to HDMI that I use on a daily basis, it acts as a lite docking station allowing me to plug in my power/HDMI/USB-A with one USB-C plug. I view this as a MASSIVE improvement over my old MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.

I did purchase the VGA version, never used it, but just in case I keep it with me.

The one purchase that I kinda regret is the USB-C to USB-A, some of my USB thumb drives don't quite fit in, so from my experience I'd steer clear of that one (you'll have USB-A on your HDMI/VGA dongle).

PS - Another way to think about this is to get USB cables where needed, rather than dongles. For example you can get a USB-C > lightning and USB-C > HDMI.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77