IS 512 GB enough space to partition the hard drive in a mac so I can run windows?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I would like to run certain PC based programs on my new Mac and before I purchase one I need to know the specs I need.

Thats a great question 1dtbrown!

The absolute minimum i would recommend is 50GB of space, just so things can run smoothy. If you are going to give windows 250GB of space that should be more than enough to keep things running nicely :)

When it comes to RAM, i would say, nothing less than 8GB. But having 8GB should be OK.

Hope this helps!

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response,

Can you tell me the difference between running parallel vs partition? in terms of running Windows OS on the Mac. I am not sure these terms even apply to my situation

And is running both OS systems a pain?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response,

Can you tell me the difference between running parallel vs partition? in terms of running Windows OS on the Mac. I am not sure these terms even apply to my situation

And is running both OS systems a pain?

If you are using some software called 'Bootcamp', switching between Mac and Windows is fairly simple and shouldn't be to much hassle, especially if you have one of the new Macbook Pros. They are QUICK :)

You will most likely partition your hard drive. So basically 'splitting' it into two sections. Each having 250GB of space. The process is quite simple, so i wouldn't stress to much.

Click Here --> There is a fairly nice how to guide on this website that could help you out. You may have heard of them.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the late 2013 15" rMBP with d/gpu. I paid $50 to have it bootcamped with win 8.1. It seems to work good enough that I have no complaints. Maybe Parrells would of been easier and cheaper to install but I went bootcamp instead.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2