Any MBP owners out there, NEW MacBook Pro owners (with TouchBar)... really curious to see what your battery life experience has been. Has it been better or worse than the previous generation? I doubt the TouchBar has much of an effect, and the battery has been improved in the new version, but still... super curious...
    02-08-2017 10:57 AM
    I am curious to find out about the battery life of the 2016 touch model compared to the 2016 myself. Some reviews say the battery life is about the same. Others say the battery life is way worse on the new model. Like 40% worse. So if you get 10 hours on the 2015, it's 6 hours on the '16. That's what they say.
    02-08-2017 11:13 PM
    I sincerely hope that's not true for most. If that happened to me that MBP would get returned immediately!
    02-09-2017 09:34 AM
    I just bought mine a couple of days ago. I know my daily usage hasn't evened out yet (still downloading lots of things regularly to set up the new machine) but what I've seen hasn't been that great. That said, it charges quickly and I like that I can use any port on it to do so. I upgraded from a 2012 MBP so I'm willing to get past the battery life as long as it isn't completely horrible. I'm also a big Chrome user, so I'm sure I could get more mileage if I switched to Safari. I've been considering it.
    02-09-2017 04:05 PM
    I am averaging 4-5 hours on the 13 inch touch bar macbook pro with intensive CPU usage which i think is fairly good considering. I am yet go through a full day with light usage but 8 hours at the very least seems achievable
    02-14-2017 12:55 AM
    I just bought mine a couple of days ago. I know my daily usage hasn't evened out yet (still downloading lots of things regularly to set up the new machine) but what I've seen hasn't been that great. That said, it charges quickly and I like that I can use any port on it to do so. I upgraded from a 2012 MBP so I'm willing to get past the battery life as long as it isn't completely horrible. I'm also a big Chrome user, so I'm sure I could get more mileage if I switched to Safari. I've been considering it.
    Hope it goes well for ya. Honestly it just seems like a few lemons are out there with bad batteries. I'm sure yours will be fine!
    02-14-2017 10:10 AM
    I am averaging 4-5 hours on the 13 inch touch bar macbook pro with intensive CPU usage which i think is fairly good considering. I am yet go through a full day with light usage but 8 hours at the very least seems achievable
    8-12 hrs would be amazing.
    02-14-2017 10:10 AM
    Using it since last month (MBP 13" touch), and all i can say:
    When i only use it to browse (about 5-6 tabs in safari), watching youtube video, some microsoft office job, it can be around 9 hours, which is good enough for me.

And if i use it for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC, it can goes to straight 6 hours more when finally reach a single digit battery life (about 3-5 % left).
    Yesterday 05:57 AM
    I have the Touchbar one and it's been a few days and generally gives me about 8-9 hours of low-medium usage.
    Yesterday 09:37 AM