How do I play 1080p Blu-Ray videos on Mac ? what are best video players apps which support 1080P?

WaseemAkram

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried VLC but no use It is taking to long to load and video breaks and I tried Quicktime but no use I cant even open the file.
Can anyone let me know what are the good players which support Blu-ray without breaking the video.
I use macbook pro late 2013 with i5 and 16GB ram running the latest MacosSierra.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore WaseemAkram. Thanks for the question.

I personally use this VLC Player (Pictured Below) and everything works fine. Whether its 1080p videos at 60fps or 2K videos. All play wonderfully. Maybe try playing a different Blu-ray video and see if that works? could be something wrong with the video.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 11.31.33 AM.png

i presume you are just playing a file on your laptop and you not using a DVD? If you are using a DVD, maybe there is something wrong with the DVD reader you are using.

WaseemAkram

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi Matty,
Thanks for the response . I have file which i am trying to play.Not on DVD though.
And I am using the same version as shown in the picture and I see the video breaks every time .
I have couple of movies which are blu-ray with 1080p .I tried playing after resetting the VLC player.
Video is playing normally but sound has a problem.Sometimes video get struck and moves in bit by bit.Thanks for info.Let me see if i can change some options so that is works fine.

WaseemAkram

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey firedept10,
Thanks for the info.I already tried the app but no use .Video playing has problems and I hear no sound except blur sounds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2