2016 13 inch macbook pro lag in safari

dentalexel

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought the 2.9 ghz 8gb ram with 512 hd version. When I run sights like more or android central the pages load slow. I'm also starting to get the beachball a lot. Is this because of the 8gb of ram, or is there something else going on. Was thinking of upgrading to the 3.1 or 3.3 ghz with 16 gb of ram, but all I do is email, web browsing, run some apps like reeder. I do no video editing or things like that so I thought this unit would be plenty for my needs. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Please be patient while awaiting a reply. We are all volunteers here and have obligations outside of iMore. While awaiting a reply from someone who may be able to assist you, feel free to contact Apple Support. Thanks.

dentalexel

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
you're right. My apologies. The computer was freaking out and I saw others to buy on eBay. I reinstalled Sierra and it seems to be working much better now. Thank you and I am sorry.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Depending on how new your computer is it may be best to take your computer to Apple. I personally have the 2015 13 inch and I don't notice any lag at all. Possibly try downloading a different browser and see if your troubles persist in an alternative browser.

Your activity monitor does seem extremely high for a simple web page. You could also try booting your computer into safe mode to see if the memory is still as high and if you continue to experience lag. If it continues there may be something more hardware related but if it doesn't then it points to a software issue. A fresh reinstall of the OS may be needed as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods