It’s completely going wrong for a new device.

louiserose324

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
G’day! How are you doing? It’s a pleasure to be part of this community. I’m a newbie to Macs. Bought my MacBook Pro 15-inch (2015) with integrated GPU (only Iris Pro) model very recently. It’s a great machine. But the only thing that disappoints me completely is the battery life. Like many reviewers & tests have reported I’m also not getting the Apple claimed battery life of 9 hours Screen-On time which as mentioned by them is under the conditions below,

Testing conducted by Apple in April 2015 using preproduction 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 256GB of flash storage and 16GB of RAM. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%.

But in my case it’s even more worse based on these tests,

Safari Test :
Brightness 35%,
Background apps restricted,
with 7-11 open tabs on average in which most of them were just idling throughout the full discharge session.
Screen-On time I got approx. 7 hour 30 mins
Note: Fair enough which is what the estimate by MacOS(10.12.1) also showed on a full charge.

iTunes video playback test :
Brightness 35%,
Background apps restricted,
Sound 20%
Screen-On time I got approx. 7 hours 23 mins

*Date of manufacture of the Battery was on Dec 2016
*FileVault not enabled, WiFi Signal Strong, Bluetooth Off, OS in Stock configuration (No apps installed)

So considering the brightness was too low compared to Apple’s conditions. Can anybody say whether it’s normal or is there anything wrong with my battery unit when Apple promises 9 hours? I’m supposed to get more Screen-On time for testing it in much more low brightness, Am I right?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"Your notebook battery life depends on your computer's configuration and how you're using the computer."

Source:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

louiserose324

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
"Your notebook battery life depends on your computer's configuration and how you're using the computer."

Source:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054
Oh I read that. But what I'm doing different from the tests? I haven't installed any apps other that the default ones that came with. And my usage was on par with the test. Lol I hate to say this but don't take a guy from Apple please.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
For me what I'm running makes a huge difference. I have the 13' - Firefox and dragon dictate - I get a few hours. Just Safari - I get 8:30am to 6:30pm with lots to spare. I guess that makes sense that using high load programs shortens battery dramatically - the dream of portable (cable free) power computing remains elusive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods