Hi guys. I was using 13 inch MacBook Pro Mid 2015 for a year. But recently bought the 15 inch MacBook Pro Mid 2015(custom configured to 512GB SSD) which is still under the return period. Right out the box I could feel the display hinge isn’t as tight as the 13-inch, shakes bit easily. The trackpad is equally sensitive but have a bit softer vibration feedback for the click(for the same clickiness setting in System Preferences->Trackpad) and the same thing for the keyboard too. The keys are are softer in feedback(not wobbly) compared to the 1 year old MacBook Pro 13 inch. Considering I’ve spent a hefty amount for this machine and will be definitely using it for 5 years max, Should I worry,

1. whether the display hinge will become even more looser overtime?

2. whether the keyboard will lose it’s original feedback soon and the same with trackpad too? 

First of all I’m not sure whether the Apple Tech guys will agree to my claims and just think I’m crazy.
    Second of all by requesting a replacement, Am I just wasting my time because again I may get a device with something else? 

What do you guys say?

PS: The date written on the back of the box(which I guess is the manufacturing date) is 12/2016.
    12-25-2016 08:06 AM
    Go to a nearby Apple Store or Best Buy store and find a couple of the 15" MacBook Pro models similar to the one you got and see if the items you're concerned about functions the same on them. If so, then consider it normal.
    12-25-2016 06:04 PM
    I purchased a 13" Macbook Pro in 2011. The screen hinge in still fairly stiff and the keys still feel like they did when it was brand new. There is a possibility that the 15" laptop you just purchased has a 'factory defect' where things are exactly as they should be. As 'Just_Me_D' said. Maybe go down the the Apple Store near you and play with the hinge and keys in store. See if its any different to yours and then make a decision.

You have paid a ton of money for it and you must be happy about the purchase.

Also, Welcome to iMore roytm!
    roytm likes this.
    12-27-2016 01:44 AM
    I have the mid-2015 15" MBP and I don't have those issues you mentioned. I use mine every day for at least 6 hrs since I purchased it a week after launch.

The MBP is still going strong so do not have to worry about issues such as these.
    12-27-2016 01:50 AM
    I have the mid-2015 15" MBP and I don't have those issues you mentioned. I use mine every day for at least 6 hrs since I purchased it a week after launch.

The MBP is still going strong so do not have to worry about issues such as these.
    Hey there. Thanks for the reply. Please go to About Mac -> System Report -> USB or SPI and comment the version number corresponding to Apple Internal Keyboard/Trackpad. I would be grateful if you can do that. Thanks
    12-27-2016 05:47 AM
    I still have my 2007 MacBook which has survived a trip down the stairs and a sip of water and it still works great.

It's slow compared to today's models but build wise it's sound
    12-27-2016 08:38 AM
    Hey there. Thanks for the reply. Please go to About Mac -> System Report -> USB or SPI and comment the version number corresponding to Apple Internal Keyboard/Trackpad. I would be grateful if you can do that. Thanks
    It's 6.24. I've no SPI devices.
    12-27-2016 09:49 AM