Mac pro battery tips

def_vlad

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I own a mac pro 2015 and i am curious how to preserve my battery. When i am using it at home, should i use it plugged in or on battery? Please give me some other tips on how to preserve battery life.
Thanks.

hero11

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
A lower luminance will save you a lot of battery and yes, keep it plugged in if you can.

Also, close any program you don't need.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Well, any battery needs to work in general to function optimally. For me, my 15" MBP is mainly a home computer but I do not plug in all the time. I always run it off battery and plug in when it gets low, and this cycle goes on and on.

I'm using coconutbattery to monitor my battery health and it's really useful. How I optimise the life of my MBP is that my screen brightness never exceeds 4/16 bars (25%) on normal usage. The only time I bump it up to 8 bars (50%) is when I'm on Lightroom editing photos, but will run on mains power. I also don't turn on volume unless I need to watch a clip or movie. Bluetooth is always turned on as I'm using Magic Mouse 2. Keyboard backlighting is also off all the time unless working in the dark in which I'll just turn it to 2 bars max.

Just use what you need and not anymore unless necessary, your MBP's battery will appreciate that.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I own a mac pro 2015 and i am curious how to preserve my battery. When i am using it at home, should i use it plugged in or on battery? Please give me some other tips on how to preserve battery life.
Thanks.

Personally for me, my 13" Macbook Pro is permanently on charge. It only goes off charge when i use it outside the house. Its been exactly 5 years now and the battery still last pretty well. Around 3 - 4 hours. (brand new it was 7 hours). Its impossible to keep a battery new for years and it will lose power over time. :)

Also, close all Apps that you don't need to help improve longevity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods