Buyer Beware - MacBook Pro with Touchbar

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'd be interested to hear how it works for you guys.

So far so good for me. Still getting used to the new keyboard and the force touch trackpad (last MBP was a 2011 model). Gonna give it a few days to live with it, then I'll post more about it, but haven't had any of the problems mentioned in this thread. The keys are louder, but uniform in sound and not having problems with them sticking as the OP did. No graphics glitches yet or issues with the Touch Bar. Crossing my fingers.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Still good for me for the most part. My phone's BT won't recognize it though so I can't use Universal Clipboard. I sorta miss the 15 inch display of my old MBP, but the speed boost is killer coming from a late 2011 model. I'm thinking of doing a mini-review/first thoughts thread in the next couple days.
How's it going so far for you guys?

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. I preordered a 15" MB Pro on launch day. Within the first week of using it, I found the the trackpad didn't respond correctly, the graphics card scrambled the screen and locked the computer periodically, and the toucher controls would randomly appear on the laptop screen.

After taking it to the Apple Store and dealing with a VERY horrid experience of exchanging, I just sat down to use the new one. Immediately, as I typed, it was apparent that the keys of the keyboard were not attached correctly. As I type, it sounds like I'm popping corn - certain keys making very loud popping noises and sometimes not coming up from being depressed.

Sad to say, but I think that Apple doesn't have their manufacturing process down for these new MacBooks yet. I'm going to return mine and struggle through with my 2009 as much as I can. :(

Anyone else hear of these issues or experience them for themselves?
Apple seems to be loosing it's quality standards, just look at the zero score gave from ifixit for the new wireless airpods...

Cheers

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Apple seems to be loosing it's quality standards, just look at the zero score gave from ifixit for the new wireless airpods...

Cheers

ifixit scores have nothing to do with the quality of a product. Their scores are merely repairability scores. I wouldn't really think that a pair of headphones would be self repairable from any company.

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
OK. Guys. I'm now on my THIRD MacBook Pro. I was so excited, but they keys are doing the same damned thing. Listen to the "A" key in relation to the other keys. Is this behavior normal? Could this be a failure of production? This many times?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I never buy first gen products from apple.

I am always behind, but have had little problems with my machines.

.touch wood.

Bought my early 2015 macbook in may 2015, haven't had any major issues. I guess I am a lucky one. I did purchase AppleCare just in case.hope my brother's new MBP 15" is good. That thing is awesome

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Bought my early 2015 macbook in may 2015, haven't had any major issues. I guess I am a lucky one. I did purchase AppleCare just in case.hope my brother's new MBP 15" is good. That thing is awesome
It better be since it costs an arm and a leg ;)

Cheers

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I would never buy a MBP or any computer for that matter without Apple Care or something similar. I don't bother anymore with my iOS devices because I rarely keep them longer than a year. Use it once and it pays for itself.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
OK. Guys. I'm now on my THIRD MacBook Pro. I was so excited, but they keys are doing the same damned thing. Listen to the "A" key in relation to the other keys. Is this behavior normal? Could this be a failure of production? This many times? https://youtu.be/Mdo7svemLKA

That is odd. Mine don't make any sound like that. It's louder than my older MBP, but the keys are uniform in sound. They seemed to have quietened down a little as I've used it more as well. Sorry you're having so many problems.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I never buy first gen products from apple.

I am always behind, but have had little problems with my machines.

.touch wood.

That's my philosophy too, especially since Apple tends to put new/updated features in the second generation that they honestly should have included (iPad Pro 12.9" without TrueTone and with a 1st gen fingerprint sensor, I'm looking at you).

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm so disheartened by the build quality of the new MacBook Pro. I feel like my voice is not important, and Apple doesn't care about their product. I'm now on my 4th MacBook Pro 2016, and I will be forced to find a used 2015 online somewhere. The keys on each model pop so loudly when the machine heats up, it's terrible. I've been participating in a MacRumors blog with many other who experience the same issue. I wish Rene or Serenity or someone would bring this issue to light. It's unacceptable. I could just scream.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73