Why is Apple product so expensive?

red5gary

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I think it's simply the logo n name...you see it and your mind tells you, that's for the rich n famous...must be a good brand. lol

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The 'old' MacBook Pro is still available at yesteryear's lower price ? once the new MacBook Pro's tech is cheaper, it will occupy the 'old' MacBook Pro's price-slot und replace it completely?

maha_wasim

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Apple CEO cook answered in his keynote when someone asked the same question LOL! His answer was that Apple doesn't make any compromise on the quality of the product and that its product last longer and that is why its resale is also good. But if you want apple product to be bought in cut price then wait untill Black Friday to get maximum discount, Cheers! ;)

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It is APPLE. People love their products and are willing to pay the price for it. Their product quality and service are excellent. If you want a cheaper laptop with similar specs, then Windows is there.

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
For me, to be honest, only the macbook airs and the 2015 macbook pro 15 inch have fair prices (if you get a good deal at a reseller), the rest in my opinion is just overpriced and just not worth the money.
But you always have very good reselling prices that you can get if you want to sell your old one

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it's simply the logo n name...you see it and your mind tells you, that's for the rich n famous...must be a good brand. lol

I couldn't disagree more. Apply is not like Sony back in the 90s. Sony made products that were no better in build quality or durability, but charged more because they had "Sony" on the side. Same with Nike. But Apple's extra cost directly results in a better build and longer lasting quality.

Owain Harris

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
You get what you pay for. With other PC vendors, you can find some machines that offer slightly higher specs at a lower cost, however that is the only thing you're getting. With Apple products, you get an updated optimized OS that will perform great in real world tests (specs on paper don't mean everything), as well as amazing build quality that will last you years, amazing customer support and a great resale value.

I've owned many PC's since the early 90's, (Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba etc etc), as well as custom built rigs. Nothing comes close to an Apple product. The little extra you pay is far worth it.

monikalovesuu93

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree that the products are fairly expensive but that's why there are contests available or payment plans. I would suggest apple products to everyone as they really are awesome. Had my phone and laptop for about 6 years now and works well still to this day.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
what about their new Apple Book?
I mean what make it price $300
is the apple brand worth $300?

What's an Apple Book?

Apple prices their products where they are confident people will pay for them. Apple has never been interesting in being a value brand. This pricing model obviously works and I doubt it will change much. They have a certain profit margin that they don't want to go below. If the new MacBook Pro cost Apple more to produce than previous models it will be reflected in its sales price. And yes, you're paying for the brand as well. Whether it's worth an extra $300, as you stated, is up to the individual. Many would argue that it is.

TimHart

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
what about their new Apple Book?
I mean what make it price $300
is the apple brand worth $300?

The Book you refer to (officially called "Designed by Apple in California") is a high-end coffee table book. It's actually not out the norm for a high end book like this to sell for a couple hundred dollars. It's an extremely niche product meant for "super fans" of the Apple brand, but it's not exorbitant.

Justinj01

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Truly, you get what you pay for. At some point that may no longer be the case and they will struggle with the prices they have and may drop it, but quality does it.

I say that as a once PC enthusiast and I was seriously annoyed by Apple prices, but having been a Mac user for a few years now, I am completely onboard despite the price points, the experience is top of the line.

Carmen Ng

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Because the brand name I guess and I got an android phone before and now I switched to an Iphone because I think that the processor of Iphone is really great and fast which is what I need and it's the best thing that I've ever done in my life.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Its a number of factors really...first there's obviously the component costs themselves. Then there's all the R&D, manufacturing, logistics, etc. Those costs all add up, but as you mentioned, are on par with others laptops. However, you then need to factor in build quality, design, and overall performance, which I think lifts Apple above other competitors. Finally, there's supply and demand. The demand is high and the supply is low, therefore, you have higher prices. Combine all these together and you get pricey laptops.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'd recommend doing a comparison based on Microsoft Surface Book v MacBook Pro. I know they are a little bit different, as one is a detachable tablet, however for me here in Australia, it helped me to justify the price of the MacBook Pro.

The other vector for me, is that my last laptop purchase was a MacBook Air 13", that is still going strong (but not strong enough to avoid an upgrade this year), that is 5+ years of daily use (I travel quite a bit with work, so it's had a hard life). I expect to get a similar duration out of this new hardware, and I've never had that with any PC based laptop in the past.

PS - This was typed on my 24 hour old MacBook Pro, that I love, they keyboard is far better than I was hoping, for me it's dam near perfect.

Awesome you love the keyboard. So many people struggled with the 12" MacBook keyboard, I was worried. I tried a MacBook Pro 13" at the Apple Store and found the keyboard quite good, but not as good as the MacBook Pro 2015 15" that was right next to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox